Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Today is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

FMluvswater
    My wife (Ora) suffers from FM , chemical sensitivity and Latex allery. She uses conventional medicine practices plus homopathic which seems to be helping. She runs a support group on Yahoo for sufferers of these problems which seem to go hand in hand with each other. I'll pm her email address to you, she spends lots of time supporting and swapping ideas to help with these illnesses.
    Thank-you very much. Got the PM. :smile:

Tom Brown
    Thanks for the information, FM. One of my best friends has it so it's good to know what they're up against.

FMluvswater
    Wow FM, sounds like you are dealing with it in a positive way. I am familiar with the flare up thing and the fatigue you must feel. I hope they will find something soon that will help. The ilness is becoming more recognized now and that helps. As Moneypit says, I imagine lots of hypochondriacs decide they have this condition, and that doesn't help. I had been pushing the excercise thing with my friend, and just wondered if that was a good thing.
    Again, all the best to you, I think unless you know someone who truly suffers from this devastating illness, it is hard to understand. All the best to you, you are in my thoughts and prayers. You are awesome for doing everything you can to get thru this! Jill
    Encouraging a friend to try is always a good thing. I'm sure your friend appreciates your support - as do I. :smile:

FMluvswater
    FM- It sounds as though you are handling your condition as well as you can.. There are two ways to deal with things. One is to just give up and be unhappy. Two is to choose to be as productive as possible and be happy. I think that being happy is the best therapy beyond staying physicaly happy. One thing nice is that we can CHOOSE to be happy or we can choose to be sad.
    If you were to just give up and stop the diet and just stay inside the illness wins. You keep up the good work. Hopefully one day it will just go away....
    Goodluck
    Certainly I have pity party days but mostly I try not to go there. Thank-you for your supportive comments and your expert insight. :smile:
    I don't know that this ever can just go away but a streak of good days wouldn't be unwelcome. :wink: My son often talks about curing fibromyalgia. His thoughtfulness makes me smile and yet I feel sad he even knows that word and that it affects him at all. :squiggle:

FMluvswater
    Thanks for the information, FM. One of my best friends has it so it's good to know what they're up against.
    Well then my intention in posting about fibromyalgia awareness day has found at least one mark. :smile:

FMluvswater
    I just noticed the date. :idea:
    Anyone else living with this however they are dealing with it, I wish them all the best. :chi:

Debbolas
    Love ya FM

FMluvswater
    Love ya FM

Thank-you, Deb :smile: Love you too.

I sure know what you are going through. I haven't found much help either. Best of luck to you...
    Steve

FMluvswater
    I sure know what you are going through. I haven't found much help either. Best of luck to you...
    Steve
    Thank-you, Steve. :smile: Maybe if awareness spreads new ideas will come to light; more ideas that could really help us. :smile:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast