Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: market plunges

dirty old man
    two days in a row, over 100 points drop. guess i better open up a gas station somewhere. anyone got any hot tips on the Dow or NASCAC ?

Mandelon
    1% is hardly a "plunge". :hammer2: ....think of it as an opportunity....

Freak
    They say 3 days of 100 points drop could spark a sell off. We'll see.

I Feel the Need...
    two days in a row, over 100 points drop. guess i better open up a gas station somewhere. anyone got any hot tips on the Dow or NASCAC ?
    Lexar It has been boucing arround like a pogo stick , buy low sell high, works every time.

mirvin
    How about this......With the fed promising to raise interest rates ( not just a little raise either) and the real estate market way swollen, doesn't it seem like the market is poised for a run up??
    I mean, if interest rates skyrocket and people start loosing their asses in real estate (all those ARM's) won't the market shoot up?
    mirvin

bigq
    How about this......With the fed promising to raise interest rates ( not just a little raise either) and the real estate market way swollen, doesn't it seem like the market is poised for a run up??
    I mean, if interest rates skyrocket and people start loosing their asses in real estate (all those ARM's) won't the market shoot up?
    mirvin
    Those rates don't have a direct impact on Mortgage rates. inflation will have more of an impact if it starts to get out of control. :wink:

GHTRIM
    Help the economy... Sell all of your stocks and buy a bigger / faster boat!!! Hurry the market may not last much longer.... :hammer2: :hammer2:

Freak
    Looks like day 3 of a 100 point drop. How low can she go?
    Using the Elliot wave.
    So let’s put numbers to it, shall we? From the top in 2000, we saw a decline to about 7,100. Now, if we are beginning wave three of a five wave decline, how far down might this decline go if we decisively, atake out the 200 day moving average on the Dow today, tomorrow, or early next week?
    From the high in 2000 on the Dow, which was about 11,700, the market declined in the first wave down to the 7,100 area. Roughly, that’s 4,600 points.
    Then, the rebound, until the recent top a few weeks ago, at 10,700 and change, which was Wave 2 in the most bearish count, if we truly are starting a third wave decline, the minimum of the decline would be a 4,600 from 10,700.
    The common relationship between a Wave1 and a Wave 3 is 1: 1.618 (*the Fibonacci ratio), which means Wave 3 would be about 1.6 times the decline of Wave 1. So, if that’s the case, and you subtract 7,442 points from the recent high just over 10,700, then you could pencil in a possible low of 3,200 to 3,300.
    Remember, I told you that parabolic rally started in 1987, but really didn’t accelerate until after the flat year of 1994. At that time, we were at 3,600. So we could go back there again. A parabolic rally is not sometimes, but always – and I repeat it’s always - fully retraced.
    As if this is not sobering enough, this would only put us at a completion of Wave 3. Presumably, if the Dow touched 3,600 or somewhere near that, we could see a bounce of a Wave 4 and then the development of a Wave 5.
    Crazy man Crazy...

AzLakeLizard
    1% is hardly a "plunge". :hammer2: ....think of it as an opportunity....
    Isn't that when it is considered that Stocks are on sale??..

Freak
    http://finance.yahoo.com/intlindices
    Wow Europe gets pounded. Today is going to be interesting...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast