Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Domestic House Cat

NorCalCat
    So I thought I might ask you all here on Hot boat. We recently did a major landscape job to our yard. We have this neighbor that has a cat that loves to use it as a litter box. We have talked to them several times and they just don't care. that cat is making such a mess of our yard, and it is starting to smell. I wrote them a letter yesterday, but I know that will have no effect on them. I said to my wife, I am just going to shoot it with my pellet gun. Nobody will ever hear, but the problem is what if it is not a clean shot and runs home? Then I am in big trouble, plus I really do not want to do that to someone's pet. But my choices are limited.
    So, does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem. Any advise is appreciated.

RiverDave
    How about getting a dog?
    RD

NorCalCat
    How about getting a dog?
    RD
    ya, but we are never home. And we have two little boy that keep us busy enough.

LAFD
    Paintball Gun Turn Down The Psi And Get Paintballs That Match The Color Of The Cat. Or Do You Have Any Sprinklers You Can Turn On? Or Potato Gun With A Tennis Ball.

djunkie
    I heard if you sprinkle chili powder in your planter it will keep the animals out of it. Never tried it though. If it doesn't work I'll shoot it. I hate cats.

NorCalCat
    Paintball Gun Turn Down The Psi And Get Paintballs That Match The Color Of The Cat. Or Do You Have Any Sprinklers You Can Turn On? Or Potato Gun With A Tennis Ball.
    Hmmmm, now we are getting somewhere. I like the paintball idea. Hell, I don't care if I coat it purple. Maybe they will get the hint.
    That area is all on a drip system, so teh sprinkler idea won't work. And I acn't sprinkle pepper on it as it is way too large of an area.

Boozer
    Please dont shoot the neighbors cat.
    I have never been a big fan of cats and still am not but I had a cat I loved very much and he died due to the carelessness of a driver a couple days ago. Losing my cat was as bad as losing a family member and it's still difficult to think about not having him around anymore.
    Contact the local humane society and go to the neighbors door informing them to whats going on in person. If that doesn't work figure out a way to catch the cat and take him in to a shelter.

UltraStealth
    A dog! The cat will think twice. You can take the dog with you.

NorCalCat
    Please dont shoot the neighbors cat.
    I have never been a big fan of cats and still am not but I had a cat I loved very much and he died due to the carelessness of a driver a couple days ago. Losing my cat was as bad as losing a family member and it's still difficult to think about not having him around anymore.
    Contact the local humane society and go to the neighbors door informing them to whats going on in person. If that doesn't work figure out a way to catch the cat and take him in to a shelter.
    Sorry for your loss. But that really seems like a lot more work than I am willing to do. I have talked to the neighbor several times.

HM
    Trap it and take it to an animal shelter 100 miles away.
    Or, if you really want to kill it...leave a bowl of radiator fluid in the area it frequents.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast