Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have now entered the Dark side "rare boat find"

kingjason
    So what about the driveline do you have to start them in gear or do they have some sort of clutch. Also whats lower maintanance a V-Drive or a Jet. Ive never owned a V-Drive before and just curious.
    Hey no baggin on the stearing wheel cover its purdy. lol It looks better now I rebuilt the whole dash and repainted the whole hub and wheel area.
    And if I could aford a Blown KB I would just buy a new boat. lol

superdave013
    The boat should have some type of transmission in it. Prolly a velvet drive. You should be able to drive it like a car.
    The boat has no ride (trim) control at all. And from looking at the hardware under it I would think that 90mph and the chance that it ever had a big KB in it are pretty slim. With a steep prop strut angle and no cav plates that thing will be a wild ride (not in the fun way) if you try to make it really fast.
    Still a cool boat though!
    Question: What is that round tube on the transom and what looks like a tiller sticking through on the inside?

dossangers
    I think that boat was in a James Bond movie?

With a steep prop strut angle and no cav plates that thing will be a wild ride (not in the fun way) if you try to make it really fast.
    ya mean like this?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ronvdrive2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tronvdrive.jpg
    This one was from 1965, 427 fe powered. Same bottom as what jayson is looking at now only with the deep entry removed.

Squeezing Spectra
    Woww that thing sure is green and kinda cool looking, i dont want to be mean but i think someone might have lied to you i dont think that boat would go 90+ wih a big KB motor if you pushed it off a bridge but thats just me LOL.

superdave013
    ya mean like this?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ronvdrive2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tronvdrive.jpg
    This one was from 1965, 427 fe powered. Same bottom as what jayson is looking at now only with the deep entry removed.
    lol, yeah, pretty much like that. If you look close enough you can make out the yahooooooooooooooo! the guy is sayin. lol
    On the bottom pic it does look like that boat has some cav plates on it.

Da-Bull
    WoW :2purples:

SD,
    yeah, I think you're right about the plates.
    I don't know, but by the look on his face I think the drivers gotta be wondering how much more of that seat cusion his butt cheeks can grab hold of.
    And how he's going to remove it later.
    pretty wild ride.

kingjason
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boat was owned by Harold Wilkerson who Bob Hammond hired in 1969. I heard the story three times about the speed of this boat from his brother/ and his daughter. Harold worked with the race team and was an engineering marvel from what I understand. May not of ran 90 but I bet it was alot more then 50. The motor compartment of this thing is laid out awsome. I cant remeber exactly what KB his brother said it had but hell it could have been blown or something. There is a picture on the Glastron board of him standing on top of one of theyre race boats tinkerring with something.
    J
    PS: His brother did say when the other motor was in it they were just cruising along and Harold had not really informed him of what kind of motor was in it. Harold showered down on it and he said it scared the hell out of him.
    I really am not arguing with you guys but the boat has some great history and the duaghter even said she wished that she knew I was going to be so interested they threw away the stainless headers that were on the other motor. Dohhh

kingjason
    And if thats the way the boat is going to look on the water my Jet CV is safe and not going anywhere. I am all for a wild ride buuutttt.
    J

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast