Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Torque or HP?

Jake W2
    Oldrigger what are you comparing a Banshee to a Cheyenne for? As far as I know a Banshee is like a Eliminator Scorpian and suck as jetboats but good as far as out boards.Cyclone and Diggelers were the first Cheyenne design with the humped deck down thew center just made by Ultra now.
    Mabey I missed something some where?
    Jake

jake,
    I've seen the ultras too and besides the boat being shorter, they're the same bottom as the banshee.
    What's your point?
    and you're right, they do suck as a jet boat.

Jake W2
    But the Cheyenne is about the best bottom of the tunnels hulls.
    Other than they both have tunnels what is the same?The Kells are diffrent rite.I have just never heard anyone talk about them being one in the same just a foot shorter.Bahshee is 20 foot rite and the Cheyenne is a 19.I know the sides and front of the sponsons are diffrent so what is the same?
    My point is I do not think the Banshee and the Cheyenne have anything in common other than them both being tunnels.But like I said mabey I missed something.I do know a guy that has a Liberator 20 splash(same as a Banshee) mold and I have seen a few Cheyenns and I would have never put them in the catagory as one in the same.
    Jake

Jake,
    you might be right. I was trying to find some pics of the keel on the ultra that I had and some of the banshee. can't find any of them right now. I was thinking that they both had the curved keel, so i'll concede the point to you.
    lol
    I have some pictures of an outboard, but we inserted the mold for those so it would be a crapy example.
    Still, I'll be impressed if cyclone and diggler get close to that speed, regardless of who's bottom is under that ultra.
    I missed where you said the Cheyenne is about the best bottom of the tunnels hulls. I don't know their hulls at all, so again you may be right but has anybody got one to run as well or as fast as the old placecraft tunnels? 140, 150, 160? just curious. How do you pick them as the best?

Jake W2
    Would you say a 19 Papp tunnel is about the best capsual boat next to the Place Craft?It is made from the Cheyenne.I was thinking Papp was one of the original makers of the Cheyenne.
    Ervin Capps has the second deck (like Ken Fs)witch has a inverted bump from the first deck like Ultras Cheyenne.From what I heard the second deck is a littel more satble?
    I pic them because thay do not take as much power to make run like a Place Craft does.I never said it was the most stable over 160.
    My point was not to prove you wrong but a Banshee/Eliminator Scorpian/ Liberator 20/ SUCKS as a jet and the Papp edge 19/Cheyenne/Ultra 19 shadow are really good jets.I think Papp changes the air foil in the front on the Edges the rest is the same as the Cheyenne.I have seen this first hand as HTP as Duane was pointing it out to me and others.
    I would think Cyclones would haul the mail,Digglers to but his is probley a littel more heavy.
    Jake

MudPumper
    Old Rigger, I'm betting Cyclone blows right by that 116 and change record.

Old Rigger, I'm betting Cyclone blows right by that 116 and change record.
    like I said above, I think it'd be very cool if they both blow by that record. Christ, that records stood for almost 20 years, I would have thought it would have been broke long ago in that ETII class.
    Jake, I wasn't thinking you were trying to prove me wrong. I'm wrong all the time anyway, that's how I learn stuff. lol
    I'd still like to get a banshee and a ultra side by side and compare bottoms.

116 and change . :sleeping:
    lol.
    lets see you do it with a single carbbed sbc.

I pic them because thay do not take as much power to make run like a Place Craft does.I never said it was the most stable over 160.
    Jake
    Jake, that's kinda the point I was getting at. How much horsepower do you think that old cast iron 426 with junk yard heads was making 25-6 years ago? I would think some of you guys are making much more with your engines today for your weekend boats. All henderson did was tip the can and if he got a few runs out of the thing he was happy. He would buy heads out of a junk yard, lap the valves and install new springs and go racing.
    My point really wasn't to compare whos hull is better, but I really wanted to know why no one is running those speeds today? The speeds he ran, not the snail paced 116 that frenando lamas pointed out that our boat ran.

Performance 19
    ok My .02 cents.
    All of these motors have one thing in common. The torque doesn't fall of dramatically compared to horsepower until after 6200 rpm's.
    If anybody has any data that says differently. Show me I want to learn something.
    Kojac
    Perfectly explained. I didn't have the words, but you sure did. Our latest Dyno ( only to 6000 rpms last pass, out of gas!) the torque went steadily up with the HP. last at hp 965.9, torque at 842.8. Will post results later or on another thread.
    But just wanted to say I think your explanation is exactly right, especially after watching other's t fall as HP goes up. Seems simple to want rpm where both numbers are highest. Great Post.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast