Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Running Havasu every weekend is Costly!!

Krumbsnatcher
    Just to inform those potential Havasu 2nd HOme owners that we recently purchased a SCION (TOASTER) for the sole purpose of traveling to Havasu on the weekends. Since, we have to be there all most every weekend for the regattas gas in the Diesel was costing an average of $300 a trip not to mention the miles we we putting on our vehicles.
    The solution was the SCION out the door for less than $15k room for 4 comfortably and the best part the cost form HB to the Havasu $22-24 in gas. We keep a 4wd Suburban at the Havasu house to launch the boat so those that are tired of the cost of gas you have options.
    We rate the SCION a 8.5 only because it lacks power, otherwise it is a great hauler it has almost as much room as our suburban inside REALLY!
    just 02.

Racer277
    Just to inform those potential Havasu 2nd HOme owners that we recently purchased a SCION (TOASTER) for the sole purpose of traveling to Havasu on the weekends. Since, we have to be there all most every weekend for the regattas gas in the Diesel was costing an average of $300 a trip not to mention the miles we we putting on our vehicles.
    The solution was the SCION out the door for less than $15k room for 4 comfortably and the best part the cost form HB to the Havasu $22-24 in gas. We keep a 4wd Suburban at the Havasu house to launch the boat so those that are tired of the cost of gas you have options.
    We rate the SCION a 8.5 only because it lacks power, otherwise it is a great hauler it has almost as much room as our suburban inside REALLY!
    just 02.
    You know I've been considering exactly that. Wife hates the idea, but the tc (?) looks ok. Well if she doesn't like it, I think the O5 GSXR gets almost as good mpg, and has more power too.

Lightning
    The only problem with those little cars are if you get in an accident. Can you imagine getting creamed by a truck in one of those things??

dicudmore
    You know I've been considering exactly that. Wife hates the idea, but the tc (?) looks ok. Well if she doesn't like it, I think the O5 GSXR gets almost as good mpg, and has more power too.
    I like your way of thinking, but I don't think the GSXR has much "family" space Sean

Mrs.Racer277
    Did you bump your head this morning???? NO STREET BIKE! :boxingguy
    I told you a car was fine. I will go over to Lexus at lunch.

Mrs.Racer277
    I like your way of thinking, but I don't think the GSXR has much "family" space Sean
    He tries to forget he is married.

Racer277

Well this thread went down hill in a hurry. :hammerhea

dicudmore

I said I like the way you think :wink:

Mrs.Racer277

:hammerhea :hammerhea
    Nice

dicudmore
    He tries to forget he is married.