Thread: Battery ?

Taylorman
    I just bought a new Optima blue top battery which should show up in the brown truck any minute now. Should i charge it before using it?

Sangster
    It should be ready to go..... :coffeycup

BadBahner
    I just bought a new Optima blue top battery which should show up in the brown truck any minute now. Should i charge it before using it?
    I charged mine but it had plenty of charge to use it without charging it. I don't know what the correct procedure is with a new optima... just what I did.
    Eric

Hustler
    it cant hurt to charge it but just make sure it's a slow charge

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    should be good to go......curious why you used a blue top and not a red top? I got my red top at oreilly auto parts for 119.99 and if it craps out in 3 years or less I can swap it there for free. You have to return it to the original vendor you bought it from :supp: .........I wonder how much return shipping on a battery is when you buy one thru the mail :idea: ......something to think about anyway for next tiem
    Omega

Taylorman
    should be good to go......curious why you used a blue top and not a red top? I got my red top at oreilly auto parts for 119.99 and if it craps out in 3 years or less I can swap it there for free. You have to return it to the original vendor you bought it from :supp: .........I wonder how much return shipping on a battery is when you buy one thru the mail :idea: ......something to think about anyway for next tiem
    Omega
    Cause a red battery would not match my boat. duh.
    I paid $120.50 total shipped to my door from www.optimabatterysales.com
    I wanted the marine terminals.

riverbound
    Optimas come ready to go. just hook it up and turn the key.

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
    OPTIMA, everything else is justa battery!!!!!!

Beer-30
    OPTIMA, everything else is justa battery!!!!!!
    Amen!
    I have several Optimas. The red top in my dually just got changed. 5 years almost to the day. Thats 3+ years better than any DELCO I have had.
    They supposedly have a 2 year shelf life. It should be ready to go when you get it. I agree, though, you can't hurt it unless you charge at a high rate overnight. Just trickle if you feel you want to.

Taylorman
    I put it in and it spins my motor to almost idle speed.