Thread: How does this handle?

I just checked out a 1973 Horizon that has a tunnel/runner hull like this (this is not the boat, just a pic I found of the same bottom)
    http://www.clubkustom.com/getsumbaby/boat_rear.jpg
    From the posts I found in a search, a few said they tend to porpoise. It has a 454, dual quad tunnel ram w/DPs, Vertex mag, OT headers, and AN E PUMP!
    Anyone know how it handles, any quirks, etc?

Squirtin Thunder
    Mike that boat is Getsomebaby's and it is for sale. It has about $6000 in the pump and engine. I believe Ed is selling it for about $5000. It has a G-pump and a BBF !!!
    Great in rough water !!!! He said it actually picks up about 5mph in chop. It urns on a dime. I will see if I have his # if you want.
    Jim

No need. The one I looked at had THE 70s gel... big flake, geometric graphics, and original interior. The trailer is a BEAST... 2x4 u-shape steel channel single axle Trail Rite trailer. The circus boat wouldn't be much slower than this, but this thing is so old school!

hack job
    talk to jack iam sure he is very familuar with the horizon .

hey roost, that's where Roger got the idea to put the dropped chines on his 19TR, from that horizon. I was talking to Kenny about that about a year ago over at BK boat repair (he did the tooling).
    Made a great riding boat out of the rogers, but a little slower than the 18.

I'm sure this isn't the fastest hull built, but it looks like once it's on plane and trimmed, it should eat up chop. It's really bizarre how the "pod" is flat so far forward.
    http://www.clubkustom.com/getsumbaby...ont_bottom.jpg
    The gel on the one I looked at POPPED out even after 32 years even as dirty as it was. The gel and graphics are kind of like the paint on the roadster. If I buy this thing, the neighbors are going to think I'm dropping tabs.......

wow, that is a strange bottom. is that the boat that looks like the deck would hold 5 gallons of water on it? kinda dips in a little?

wsuwrhr
    If I buy this thing, the neighbors are going to think I'm dropping tabs.......
    With all the Fords parked out front I'm sure the thought is already there.
    The boat will just bring the DEA.
    Brian

wow, that is a strange bottom. is that the boat that looks like the deck would hold 5 gallons of water on it? kinda dips in a little?
    That's the one. I don't know if water could GET on the deck the way the hull is curved, though.
    Don't be baggin on my Fords.... at least they run. This boat has a 454 in it, so I may have to paint it blue to throw off the GM lovers. :boxed:

wsuwrhr
    Don't be baggin on my Fords.... at least they run.
    Yea, that part sucks, even JE's SHELF pistons had to be made for my 440.
    Good thing is, the pistons are now forged, I can run nitrous....
    Be ready for two boats at FCIIII
    "With enough horsepower, you can make a brick fly"
    Brian