Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! with ID of this boat!!!!!!

AJ
    Anybody have any ideas what make this boat is?? I can't find any coast guard tag, no hull numbers at the back of the boat, nothing under the bow,any info will help. :220v: :cry:
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...00/191boat.jpg

moneysucker
    It has the lines of a 77-79 tahiti but not really sure. Sorry, good looking boat though.

bigkatboat
    If the dash has built in bezels (angled) for the gauges, it's a Hornet. If the gauges are flat on the deck, it's a Haskell. 19' with a small rocker, right at the harmonic balancer.

LICKETY SPLIT
    also could be a cuda

AJ
    If the dash has built in bezels (angled) for the gauges, it's a Hornet. If the gauges are flat on the deck, it's a Haskell. 19' with a small rocker, right at the harmonic balancer.
    Thanks
    bigkatboat
    Yes the dash has built in bezels (angled) for the gauges.
    can't find the"VIN" number???

Old Guy
    Check the right rear rub rail. On a '72 Sidewinder I had, the numbers were stamped on the aluminun rail. They were just starting to use the system and I gues they hadn't really defined the location very well. The title came with State issued numbers. The numbers on the rub rail were quite hard to see. I discovered the numbers when I took the rail off to do some work on the transom.
    Good luck

AJ
    Check the right rear rub rail. On a '72 Sidewinder I had, the numbers were stamped on the aluminun rail. They were just starting to use the system and I gues they hadn't really defined the location very well. The title came with State issued numbers. The numbers on the rub rail were quite hard to see. I discovered the numbers when I took the rail off to do some work on the transom.
    Good luck
    Thanks, Old Guy I checked the rub rail all the way around the boat with no luck,,,anybody else out there with any ideas???? :idea:

Scape Goat
    if it has reverse outer chines also, it could be a hornet

bigkatboat
    Len Metz built (the original tooling) those in California, and they were great circle boats. The "trip chines" are to make it stick in the turns. The V cross section is a little low, but in smooth water they 'haul ass'. Don't put too much weight (overall) in the rear of the boat, (2 batteries, amps,etc) it will drag the outer (chines) edges and make it hop. 550 HP will get 75/78 MPH without hull work. Make bulkheads for the ends of the fuel tanks, and make them hold the deck up. This will stop any cracking that you may have in the back corners, and at the rise of the deck (front). When repairing them, I would also put a bulkhead (front to rear) on each side near the drivers (pass.) seat, this will really hold up that heavy deck. Nice boat!

piper
    It kind of looks like my 76' Charger. Same body lines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast