Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wicked Performance Boats !!!!

sdpm
    DD I can tell you it is a 18 same bottom as a 18 CP or 18 Earl Smith the top is diffrent.
    Jake
    You had better be careful how and who you compare your "New Boats" too! Don't mention anyother mfg's name or boats!! Just a word of caution!!

DeputyDawg
    You had better be careful how and who you compare your "New Boats" too! Don't mention anyother mfg's name or boats!! Just a word of caution!!
    What are you talking about spdm? Jake W2 can mention any mfg's boat as comparison that he wants to and so can the rest of us! This is America dude, remember? Now if "Wicked Performance Boats" uses another boat builder's name or product in an advertisment or something like that, that might be a problem legally for him, but as for the rest of us we can say whatever we want. Hell, they are all pretty much Youngblood copies anyway in some form or another.

Jake W2
    sdpm I hear you but I am in no way part of Wicked Preformance Boats so I can say what ever I want.I have nothing to do with Budlight or his buis.Since you quoted me even if I change it it will allways be there(good lookin out)
    Budlight if you feel like I am going to get you in to a problem I will change my post.
    How about this it is like a Earl Smith 18 gullwing bottom witch is what a 18 CP was made from.
    You must of had a problem with Eliminator and your 19s.
    There is another comp making the copie of the PJB or Texas Performance or Earl Smith 18 gullwing besides CP Performance and it is the same top and all so it is not like the 18 CP is the end all be all of the 18 gullwing.
    Jake

sdpm
    I am not going to go into details here, but I have owned a gullwing mold and have built them for the last 10 years. Trust me, they will get a call and or letter re: this matter and it won't be from me!! Been there done that. Thats all. Just don't throw any names around. Call it whatever you want just don't compare it to anything else.

sdpm
    sdpm I hear you but I am in no way part of Wicked Preformance Boats so I can say what ever I want.I have nothing to do with Budlight or his buis.Since you quoted me even if I change it it will allways be there(good lookin out)
    Budlight if you feel like I am going to get you in to a problem I will change my post.
    How about this it is like a Earl Smith 18 gullwing bottom witch is what a 18 CP was made from.
    You must of had a problem with Eliminator and your 19s.
    There is another comp making the copie of the PJB or Texas Performance or Earl Smith 18 gullwing besides CP Performance and it is the same top and all so it is not like the 18 CP is the end all be all of the 18 gullwing.
    Jake
    Hi Jake, Never had problem with my "PICKLEFORK" mold but did have an issue with the gullwing when I started building them. I have no problem with anyone building anything. I love seeing more of these small hot rods being built. But there is another builder out there that does not want any competition and will do what it takes to stop them. I just don't want to see them shut down before they even get going. Just trying to help. That's all!! If they would like some help,ideas,suggestions or anything I would love to help. I hope no one takes any of this the wrongway! Just trying to show the LOVE! :rollside:

Jake W2
    I think we under stand where you are comming from.It is funny how some one that takes some one elses design does not change it makes and sells it under there name then send some one else a letter reguarding them doing the same.
    As far as I know only only Jimmy J with Jet Boat Engineering bought the molds and rights to sell Jim Youngbloods TX19 hulls back in the day.
    And you have seen and build first hand these hulls with a slue of comp through the years.
    Jake

sdpm
    You are so right! I bought mine from Jimmy Dom. out of texas close to 10 years ago. I made a delta pad insert we laid in for the outboards and it worked awsome. I built 5 outboards to every 1 jet. Great looking and performing boat but what a pain in the assssss to build. No room to work. Build one of these or a picklefork and then build a 21 v-bottom, you will know why noone wants to build them anylonger. Can't make any money on them either and the liability will kill you.

djdtpr
    You are so right! I bought mine from Jimmy Dom. out of texas close to 10 years ago. I made a delta pad insert we laid in for the outboards and it worked awsome. I built 5 outboards to every 1 jet. Great looking and performing boat but what a pain in the assssss to build. No room to work. Build one of these or a picklefork and then build a 21 v-bottom, you will know why noone wants to build them anylonger. Can't make any money on them either and the liability will kill you.
    SDPM when i went to look at my new TPR hull when it came out of the mold there was a brand new gullwing hull there,are those the ones that you are doing?The hull was realy nice looking inside and out.I liked the the detail that was taken on the inside on the floor.BTW i really like the pickle forks you got also they look super clean also.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Jake, I don't have a problem with you saying anything you want to on the internet. You have no affiliation with Wicked Performance Boats. Your words are just that, your words. What I have acquired in an 18ft gullwing mold. It is not a splash of anybodies boat. It does not look like any other manufactured boat. It has its own distinguishing original design. Good thing variety is the spice of life! Thank you for your interest. I will keep you posted and you can be sure there will be pictures of the first born! Mr.&Mrs. Budlight

Wicked Performance Boats
    Thank you everybody for your interest. It just shows that there's still an interest in these smaller hotrod boats, I know I have. Any more constructive input? Budlight

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast