Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wicked Performance Boats !!!!

Wicked Performance Boats
    SDPM, You said that another builder does not want competition and WILL DO ANYTHING TO STOP US. Care to tell us who and why? :idea: Mrs. Wicked Please send me a PM.

sdpm
    Wicked check your PM's

djdtpr
    Congrats on the new buisiness venture MR and MRS Budlight hope it goes great.Its good to see that there are still people that love the little boats that we all cant seem to get enough of.I guess now we will never be rid of those pesky gullwings will we! :wink:

Why would Scotten give a sh*t about the Budlights having a gullwing mold? Budlight said its not a splash, its not a CP copy,just cause its a "gullwing" means nothing.
    If i got a piclefork mold, I dont think Id be getting letters from Papp or Duane.
    CS

sdpm
    SDPM when i went to look at my new TPR hull when it came out of the mold there was a brand new gullwing hull there,are those the ones that you are doing?The hull was realy nice looking inside and out.I liked the the detail that was taken on the inside on the floor.BTW i really like the pickle forks you got also they look super clean also.
    Hi DJD, That was not one of mine? Thanks for the compliments. It's not easy building boats in Calif. anymore. Were you at West Coast Tooling when you saw it? Is Alex still laying up for Tom? I havn't talked to them in awhile

DJD, atleast it looks different than the other Cp's, something new to look at. FB3 was like a CP regatta, they were everywhere!

Ol Yeller
    This is great and a boost in the right direction for my kids to be able to enjoy things that I enjoyed as a kid but are fast becoming exstinct: Boats and Big Blocks. GET A TESTER AND WEBSITE! I'm always concidering more boat debt!
    GOOD LUCK, Keep me posted.

wicked,
    congrats on the new biz.
    Back in the late 80's I came this close (about 1/2 inch between my thumb and finger) from buying Scotons molds from him. we talked at length about many things, insurance, rigging, lamanation schedules, (which I pretty much knew because I was working at advantage at the time and we built his hulls) But I was really getting burnt out on the boat biz and didn't take him up on his offer. And as it turned out he kept on building his boats anyway. He's the finest guy on the planet to deal with, in my opinion, when it comes to buying a boat. Anyway, if I had bought his boats, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Why would I? They worked, they're fast and safe. Bill knows his shit better than anyone around so why would I try to change. I would have tried to do the same as he did. The main reason I didn't buy his stuff, besides being at the point of blowing my brains out if I had to listen to one more customer tell me where they wanted to put their cup holders, was I wasn't a racer. His stuff definetly needed a racer behind it.
    I can't imagian anyone having a problem with you carrying on the tradition of building fine, small jets, no matter who's molds they were. I can't wait to see the first one.
    congrats again.

djdtpr
    SDPM yes Alex is still laying them up for Tom.I dont know what the name of the place was that we went and looked at the boat was but it was in Norco.
    CS it is like a friggin gullwing regatta almost every weekend we go down to the river.We have a wide range of them too from CP,Earl Smith,Youngblood and sunkist and im sure there is one more that i cant remember the name of off the top of my head.Whats funny is if we couldnt get what we have now we probably both would have a gullwing though!

MudPumper
    Who will be doing the Lay Up???????????
    And the million dollar question still goes unanswered???? If you don't yet have an answer just say you haven't got that far yet. :supp: :wink:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast