Thread: Installing an intake shoe and rideplate

DEL51
    I have a boat that needs an intake, shoe and ride plate.Can this be purchased as a kit and if so, who sells them.The pump is a dominator 12s.I was wondering if I should copy the set up from a friends hull,as far as placement. He has a bottom very much like the one I am working on. Thanks DEL51

1000mhz
    Where are you located? Get a ref from someone here for a good shop in your area. If your starting from scratch, I wouldnt copy your friends just because his works. You have an opertunity to have an edge on him. Get some good advice from a shop that can physically see your boat and come up with the best solution for your app.
    "ADM sucks"

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
    DEL.....Your intake needs to be machined to accept a shoe and rideplate. DON'T COPY YOUR BUDDY'S!!!! Even though the hulls look similar they are different in many ways. The characteristics of your boat are different than his. Send your intake to a REPUTABLE source. Try giving John Cost a call at ARS. The number is 1-661-398-0242. They are located in Bakersfield,CA. They setup SEVERAL race winning pumps and also right the tech articles for DRAGBOATREVIEW. They also have a free catalog. He can also tell ya how to tune it for YOUR hull. Don't tell your buddy and watch what happens when you spank his ass!!!!! If you need for help just email me and I will give you the number to my shop. BLOWBDRAGBOAT@YAHOO.COM

ChetCapoli
    hi-techperformance.com

LEMON SQUIRT
    my 78 bahner was cut for a shoe and ride but when the pump was moved back 5 inches they took it off because the longer bowl cover was on upside down. I got it on there right but I still need too find a shoe and ride plate that i can look at and match up. it looks the same as FOMOCO's that MPD did but a little different. Are there any mags that have them. Also when they moved the pump back they moved the engine back too. I have heard this throws off the balance of the boat but have also heard it makes no differance anybody have a straight answer I would appreciate it. sometimes the boat will porpoise other times it rides like a dream. thanks !!