Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Dodge boys (remote start Q)

Tom Brown
    I just came back from test driving a Magnum. Cool car. I like it.
    Anyway, sometimes we get a couple of cold days during the winter so a remote start is pretty much a requirement. The salesman went on and on telling me what a piece of crap the Chrysler remote start module is and how his service manager wouldn't let him sell them, etc. Apparently, they've never had a module last more than two months. He said they take the cars over to a stereo shop to have an after market start put in.
    WTF? Is this guy high? Can't you buy a $40 remote start that was built in Asia and have it last a few years until the key FOB falls apart?
    Does anyone use a Chrysler remote start module on their vehicle?

HCS
    Don't know Chrysler. Nissans do not come with remote start.
    All of our installations are aftermarket. You'd think a remote start is a remote start. Do they know what brand of remote start Chrysler uses?
    Maybe ask the parts or service guy's at Chrysler. If there's problems they would know.
    That's my biggest tip to anyone that's buying a new car. If you have any technical questions ask the service manager or service writer.
    Some if not most of those sales people make stuff up.
    We had a sales guy sell a customer a car one time. He told the customer the car had AC. Well, when it go hot outside the customer turned it on and all it blew was hot air. So he brought it into service to find out why his AC wasn't working. So we popped the hood to take a look and guess what? The car wasn't equipped with AC.
    Well no wander it doesn't work sir, your car does not have AC.
    Talk about a pissed off customer.

HCS
    I knew a chick that bought a Toyota 4x2 pickup back in the day. The salesman told her all she had to do was buy the A/C switch on the dash and the A/C would work.
    :messedup:
    Reminds me, We had this one chick buy a Toyota 4runner from us. The salesman told her it was 4wd when she bought it. So she wanted to know how to put it in 4wd. I went out and looked underneath the vehicle. It was 2wd. I had to tell the lady, guess what you only have a 2wd. I had to explain to her that 4runner did not mean 4wd.
    Another fine pissed off customer. She said she would have never bought the thing if she knew that.

Tom Brown
    I'm going to bump this in case someone has some information for me beyond a story of a salesman telling them their air conditioning evaporator would double as an ice maker.

WYRD
    Hey Brown I installed a Viper remote start on my Dodge. They make a install harness that almost just plugs in to the factory harness. Very good system I have never had any Problems thus far. The only thing that sucks is the AC in dodges will not cycle until the key is turned on so I can't cool the car via the remote start. Hope this helps

HCS
    I'm going to bump this in case someone has some information for me beyond a story of a salesman telling them their air conditioning evaporator would double as an ice maker.
    We sell ice maker/refridgerators for your vehicle too. They plug into your cig lighter or power outlet.
    If you'd like one let me know. I'll set ya up.

Tom Brown
    If you'd like one let me know. I'll set ya up.
    Do you have one that will start my car in the winter?

WYRD
    Do you have one that will start my car in the winter?
    Your car IS the ice maker in the winter up there in C-Town
    http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_77.gif

Tom Brown
    Your car IS the ice maker in the winter up there in C-Town
    http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_77.gif
    Yeah. You would have to be insane to run a vehicle without a remote start here. We have several really severe months.
    Thanks for the info on the Viper start. I tought the after market guys would have to hack into the vehicle's wiring harness and I wasn't too excited about that.
    My lake just cleared of ice a week ago. Summer will soon be here.

HCS
    Yeah. You would have to be insane to run a vehicle without a remote start here. We have several really severe months.
    Thanks for the info on the Viper start. I tought the after market guys would have to hack into the vehicle's wiring harness and I wasn't too excited about that.
    My lake just cleared of ice a week ago. Summer will soon be here.
    I think in the old days they used horse blankets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast