Thread: Nordskog Info Needed!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dave Sammons
    Looks like we'll be starting "vdriver4ever's" Nordskog in a few months. Been talking with Pat about how the boat should go back together. Do we do it old school, how it was raced(the picture with the blue paint is how he got it), or update it with a few touches back to it's history? The latter, is the way we are leaning at this time. Because of it's interesting shape, what do you all think about paint(the boat is all white as shown). We will be redoing the floor, and of course the rigging and it will be powered by a 427 Ford as original. Would like to see some posts of any old Nordskog's to get some striping ideas. Also, if any one knows the difinitive history of these rare boats(I've heard there's only been somewhere between 17 and 25 made), like to hear that story as well. Away we go!!!
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...1517nordd1.jpg http://www2.***boat.com/image_center.../1517nord9.jpg

I worked in the glass shop for nordskog I remember Ted well,He and Jim o'leary,Jim seabring,and Donovan were on the Shelby race Team before Nordskog.I buIlt the last hulls before Ihad to do uncle SAMs deal.I don't think any more we're made.I believe Jim O'Learys was the last (yellow one).