Thread: Hot Boat jet tec page

wsm9808
    I was messing around on this site about a year ago and somehow got into a "jet tech" arkive. It appeared to have every jet tech QandA that had been published in HB mag. Is that something we can get into now? Do "members" have access?
    I copied a couple of the q&a that day and the address on the top of the page is....
    http://www.***boat.net/submit/tech/jet
    I've tried it and it wont let me in.
    Hot Boat; if this arkive is not for public, would you consider printing it in a tec Q&A book for sale?

1quickjet
    This topic was discussed on an older thread. I spoke with Greg and he mentioned he may start writing more in-depth tech articles, but I don't know about a book. It sounds as if many people would be interested according to the response on the thread. Personally, I think it would be great to have Greg, Jack, or Harold make a book available on pumpboat set-up and other FAQ's.

wsm9808
    This wouldnt have to be a how-to book that someone has to write. The stuff is already arkived, all they would have to do is print it and publish it as a jet tec Question and answer handbook, or better yet just make it where we can access it from here. It is a shame to have all that information ratholed like that when you have all us jet boaters out here starving for information about our sport. And, I bet it is safe to say that the jet tech coloum is the only reason most of us jetters still subscribe to HB. Besides the girlie pics,(which u can get anywhere) what is the first thing you turn to when you get your mag?

SB
    As I stated in a thread several months ago, I used to enjoy reading the old tech letters that were available on this site. I still would like access, and I would be willing to pay a small fee to get those either in printed or electronic form.

***boat
    Our thinking at the time was that the old tech-question archives would be superceeded by the Hot Boat Forums. However, your comments convince me that they have more value than we realized.
    Although I can't promise that they'll be updated, your desire to see them back online is easy enough to fulfill. Here's the new link:
    http://free.***boat.net/tech/
    Enjoy! And thanks for the feedback.

wsm9808
    Thank you,

DickDanger
    Ummm, the first thing that I turn to in my new magazine is the girlie pics. I am kind of shallow like that. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

yeah, me to. About as shallow as a parking lot puddle.