Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decent AM/FM antenna

desertbird
    I live in Canyon Country (down the road from Valencia and Magic Mountain), but my condo doesn't have room for the boat. I work on it here at momma's house in Granada Hills.

Beer-30
    Ah.
    Yeah, dam run sounds good for tentative Sat planning. I will have to make sure my crew doesn't have some other plans for that day. We will pick a place on Friday for our day camp and probably just hang in G.A. and around those parts. Maybe explore some other coves.
    Is there a good bar/rest at Cottonwood?

desertbird
    There is a nice Marina. I don't remember a bar or not.

Beer-30
    Ok. We usually come prepared anyway. My first ride up the river from Kaths was on a Malibu tourn boat. Great ride to the little marina before the dam. The water was almost glass the whole way. Topped off the Sea-Doos that were running with us. The dam was closed, due to maintenance, so we couldn't go any further.
    We start back to our day camp, which was south of Kaths. We get to the Big-Basin area of the lake, just out of the river, and get greeted with 24" chop. Well, a Tourny boat doesn't handle that at anything over 20 mph. Almost a 3 hour ride back to camp. Ran out of beer, water, food. We learned from that experience.

desertbird
    I guess you don't need to worry about that in the SleekCraft!
    My last 6 years on the river have been in my 18 ft Cheetah Outboard. Don't laugh, I built the Merc 150 to the max, and that little boat would get up and boogey on clean water. Fastest we ever saw was about 62-63.
    The beauty was the 45-50 mph cruise, which meant it couls keep up with many of the boats on the water.
    Even being a Semi-Vee, anything more than regular wind chop, and your kidneys were bleeding the next day! The boat only weighed about 1200 pounds loaded.
    I'm looking forward to life in the 23 footer.

Beer-30
    That's funny. I grew up skiing behind a 16' Cheetah / 105 Chrysler outboard. 10 Gallon portable gas tank that quick-coupled in and out. Under seat 8-track player. The works.
    Our last boad (me as a kid) was a 20.5 Tahiti open-bow with a 175 BlackMax. If memory serves, it had a 19 pitch on it when we bought it. Good for 55 with 8 people. Then we had a 17P for skiing. Would hit about 40-45 mph at 5800, but it would beat ANYTHING out of the hole!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12