Thread: Any Illinois Hot Boaters out there?

monkey rage frank
    I have Family from Bellville Ill. and I am snooping around and considering a move. I have never been there but it sounds very good especially what California has to offer these days. not to get started on that, if any one can send pics and info on lakes and good times to help with my decision I would much appreciate it. thanks frank

flattie
    Every Thurs night in Antioch Ill they have Drag boat races off of a bar on stilts called Blarney island. I drive 4 hours to go and whenever I can get the day off. They always make me feel like home also there me be some pics at http://www.blarneyisland.com/

kphayes
    Every Thurs night in Antioch Ill they have Drag boat races off of a bar on stilts called Blarney island. I drive 4 hours to go and whenever I can get the day off. They always make me feel like home also there me be some pics at http://www.blarneyisland.com/
    I live in N. IL and boat on the Chain-O-Lakes where Blarney Island is. I drive about 25 Min. from my house to launch. Lots of fun on the Chain. Petite Lake (one of the lakes on the chain) is usually going off all summer long. Big party there July 16th. Band on a house boat, Topless girls, lots of drinking.....
    flattie-You going to make it down for a few more races this year? We have slip #37, close to the starting line.

P-Money
    I'm boating outta Wadsworth IL this year (NE corner of the state). I'm hoping to hit Blarneys this year in a different boat (20.5' blown Cole bowrider).

Blown509Liberator
    I am A Chain o lakes boater also... Little Lake MI. here and there. Was living in Ingleside (Fox Lake) still have the house But got married moved to Palatine. Cant Miss Me have a Yellow 251 Checkmate GTX Convinsor. Working on new 509 Should be good for about 550hp. I am also a regular at Blarney.....
    Mike Whitehead

superV
    I have Family from Bellville Ill. and I am snooping around and considering a move. I have never been there but it sounds very good especially what California has to offer these days. not to get started on that, if any one can send pics and info on lakes and good times to help with my decision I would much appreciate it. thanks frank
    Bellville is not bad but being from SoCal most of my life and now in St.Louis I would say you would be better suited in St.Louis which is only about 15min. from Bellville.But as far as boating, shit ya there is killer boating all around here. Not to mention Lake of the Ozarks is only 2.5hrs away and it dsoes not get any better thqn that IMO. But you can also put in the river with in 20 min from most places.

momudder720
    Where in STL are you, superV? Wife wants to get a boat so I'm trying to get my foot in door and am in the info gathering phase right now. I'm in House Springs, just west of Fenton and south of Eureka.

superV
    Where in STL are you, superV? Wife wants to get a boat so I'm trying to get my foot in door and am in the info gathering phase right now. I'm in House Springs, just west of Fenton and south of Eureka.
    IM in South County just down the road from you.We have a boating club here in town somewhat like hot boat called midwestboatparty.com. Give me a call.
    Josh
    314-368-2808