Thread: Window seals...

dankirk
    I've almost totaly restored my 1977 Mirage daycruiser. One of the last things I need to do is replace the weathered and decaying rubber seals for the front and side windows. Does anyone know where I can find these seals or get the frames rebuilt? I live in SoCal. Any help would be appreciated. You can find pix of my boat here:
    http://home.socal.rr.com/kirkpatrickcove/
    Thanks, Dan

fryzll
    Hey dankirk, that thing turned out sharp, the cool thing is you now history behind it being it was your dads. I would try a some place that sells truck shells and campers, thats what I did for some windows in a sleeper. They had different styles, some w/ beading and some w/o. They will sell it to you in bulk so you can cut to fit. Good luck.
    Chris

Hallett of a Dream
    You're in luck, I just had my windows redone due to the fact that the local power company dropped a telephone pole on my other boat and had to have 2 windows replaced. I just took it to a windshield shop (like winshields america) and had them do it, and what it came out to be is 1/4" glass and the appropriate seals. They will be able to supply you with what you need. I can't say they will have it in stock, but it can be had.

Havasu Hangin'
    Try Wayne-Earl in Placentia (714) 577-0632. They hooked me up with my boat windshield.
    http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/foru...es/happy25.gif

Hallett19
    wayne earl had the seal, the hardward and all types of windshields, they make alot of stuff for factory boats, big names too, when my boat was made, they were making the winshield stuff for Hallett