Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Laveycraft info?

2007 Laveycraft 2750 highvoltagehands's Avatar
    Just ordered a Lavey 21 XTski with 496 mag. Any tips, suggestions on xtras/options that should be done ahead of time? Stereo, prewire, guages....How was your experience with them?

cc322
    Great choice imo and welcome to the Lavey family. Be sure to make it to the regatta you will have a blast. As far as options get everything you could possibly want now instead of later, one would be trim tabs. Congrats on the new ride we love ours. Heres a pic 24 Nu Era 496 Mag HO
    http://members.cox.net/cc322/boatpics/01.JPG

Essex29
    Why does yours have a break in the swip step? I had a 24 Nuera and it had a solid step...liked it a lot!

cc322
    Why does yours have a break in the swip step? I had a 24 Nuera and it had a solid step...liked it a lot!
    That was before it had the motor and out drive in it,there is no gap there anymore

ACLC
    Overall great experience! My 2003 21 XCS (red and gray) is on the showroom floor for sale.

cc322
    Overall great experience! My 2003 21 XCS (red and gray) is on the showroom floor for sale.
    What are you gonna replace it with???

2007 Laveycraft 2750 highvoltagehands's Avatar
    Great choice imo and welcome to the Lavey family. Be sure to make it to the regatta you will have a blast. As far as options get everything you could possibly want now instead of later, one would be trim tabs. Congrats on the new ride we love ours. Heres a pic 24 Nu Era 496 Mag HO
    http://members.cox.net/cc322/boatpics/01.JPG
    I'm not much into skiing/boarding, Think the trim tabs are necessary?
    How much more performance does the H.O. give? Is it worth the money?

Beer-30
    I'm not much into skiing/boarding, Think the trim tabs are necessary?
    How much more performance does the H.O. give? Is it worth the money?
    That was my deal. I wanted to step up the motor from base. Started noticing slightly used boats with one or two steps up on the motor, with trim tabs, hyd steering, huge stereos. I was looking at 22-25s for $55K or less. Ended up with an '01 30' w/HO and nice stereo, elec drop bolsters, 3 axle disc brake trailer, for slightly less! 130 hours! Plus, no sales tax. It's nice to get a brand new boat, but I got a lot more than my $55K would've got me new.
    Haven't driven a MAG, just the HO. You're safe, though. If you want more later, you can add the RAYLAR kit - 100HP, to either motor.

6 Dollar Boat
    My lavey was pretty much loaded, it was made for the boat show in '04, the only thing missing was an hour meter. They put one in after I asked, but I have read of others who have installed hour meters after picking up a new Lavey.
    I just added a wired remote for my stereo, I put it right below my throttle. The remotes that come with most stereos dont work well in the sunlight, or when someones leg is in front of the head unit.
    Have fun with your new boat...Laveys are top quality.

cc322
    I have read of others who have installed hour meters after picking up a new Lavey.
    Mine did not come with a hour meter,, had Absolute put one on last month and looks great

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast