Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laveycraft info?

WILD LAVEY
    welcome to the lavey family. go for the ho and tabs. tabs help alot when the water gets rough.

Beer-30
    Excuse me for jumping into a Lavey thread, but I plan on putting tabs on for wake-boarding. She is just not quite on plane at 20-22.
    I WISH THE ORIGINAL OWNER HAD PUT THEM ON DURING THE BUILD.
    For one thing, I would be using them already. Second, now I have to purchase them and do the install. Would have been nice if they were on already.
    Even if you only need them once or twice while you own the boat, they will be a selling point later on. Money well spent.

cc322
    Excuse me for jumping into a Lavey thread, but I plan on putting tabs on for wake-boarding. She is just not quite on plane at 20-22.
    I WISH THE ORIGINAL OWNER HAD PUT THEM ON DURING THE BUILD.
    For one thing, I would be using them already. Second, now I have to purchase them and do the install. Would have been nice if they were on already.
    Even if you only need them once or twice while you own the boat, they will be a selling point later on. Money well spent.
    Ok but dont ever let it happen again :wink:

Beer-30
    Ok but dont ever let it happen again :wink:
    Just don't let me catch you in a Sleek thread!

rvrhlic
    The lavey 21 is a great boat. You will get just below 70 (gps) w/the 496 HO. The only thing I would add is the offhore throttle and the electronic fuel switch. I loved my Lavey and think they are one of the best riggers out there.

ACLC
    I got 71.7 GPS out of my old 21XCS open/cuddy 496 Mag. My boat was evaluated in ***boat Aug. 2003 issue. Check out the write up, it may be helpful.

dmontzsta
    Mine is still running hard 41 years later... :rollside:

RiverToysJas
    Welcome to the Lavey family!!! 21 XTSki is a great boat.
    Here's the build photos of mine (http://rivertoys.com/LaveyMeAlone/index.htm). That was two and a half years ago. It's been a great boat for us!!!
    Here it is just two weeks ago...
    http://www.fieffer.net/nomoms05/images/DSC00112.jpg
    They are pretty much loaded up from the start. I had the steering wheel upgraded, the off-shore style shifter, IMCO fuel tank selector and a few trailer upgades. If you're not doing a big stereo now, but will later, you may consider prewireing and having them build supports for an amp rack into the boat. It'll help you later.
    Hope to see you at the regatta in Sept.
    RTJas

LaveyJet
    Congrats on the new boat, hope you enjoy it.
    Here's mine
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ay_046-med.jpg
    I have an 04 that came with a hour meter, depth finder and trim tabs.
    502 Jet drive.

Family4Day
    We had our 21 Lavey XCS for just under a year - its the other 21 sitting on the showroom floor! We already took delivery of our new 26. You will not go wrong with it. The 21 is a good sized 21. We just wanted to do the ocean thing with our other Lavey friends so we were fortunate enough to upgrade. Things that we added to our 21, an aqua-step/swim ladder, pre-wire for some subs and amp, and a wired remote. We had the 6.2 and wished we had the extra HP, so you'll be happy with the 496. Talk to both Jeff AND Chris. They both have excellent opinions. If you haven't already picked your gel, ask Jeff for a stack of old magazines to help. I looked thru 50 and I somehow ended up with flames! And, new boat, same flames! I just love those flames! Good luck and welcome to the family. Hope to see you out there!
    Todd

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast