Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rice Road - Red Dodge Ram

THOR
    I am convinced that people are more ignorant than stupid. Probably an even mixture of both though. :hammerhea

SCUBA STEVE
    What are your thoughts on going through 29 Palms via Highway 62? I have tried that a couple of times but hate the f'n stop lights in town. Much safer though.
    I think I will try going through Ehrenberg next time. :messedup:
    When going that way or through the CA 95. Watch your speeds! A lot of 55mph zones, drop to 35 back up to 55.
    I see at least one cop each time I make a trip out there.
    We used to go thre hwy 62, it was a good break to get food, gas, etc.

barbigrl
    I have wondered about that route...how about some details and directions.
    After years of driving to the river..I just started going that way. I like it....stop lights do suck...but once your past them it is smooth sailing and not that many cars....

Glad everything is okay... we left from Parker around 7pm last night and took Erinburg (or however you spell it) and it was a nice drive. I take this route everytime...safty first.

riverroyal
    yesterday about 5 to 6,it wasnt as bad as usual,i was driving 80,only passing when i could see miles ahead,after reading this thread I think im going back to ehrenberg,whats another 20 minutes,thats one pee stop,just hold it.

THOR
    After years of driving to the river..I just started going that way. I like it....stop lights do suck...but once your past them it is smooth sailing and not that many cars....
    Barbi is right. Once you get past the stop lights, you are home free. Good 'country' driving too. But, whatever you do, try to time the light at the bottom of the hill coming from Palm Springs. If you dont, you cant get a good run at the hill.

redi4fun
    Coming home from the river Sunday and passed a Tahoe or Sub that had rolled over and looks like it ejected a passenger. Passed the scene and saw a tarp covering some one on the side of the road about 30 ft from the truck. :frown:
    Looks like someones river trip ended really bad. Really freaked the wife and myself out. Just hate to see something like that.

riverroyal
    on desert center?

redi4fun
    No sorry, this was on the 15 south right before the Lenwood exit.

Ziggy
    Sometimes Rice Road is worse than trying to navigate the channel on a holiday weekend.
    I leave my heavy throttle foot at home and rarely drive beyond 75 anymore(no trailer). Give way to anyone wanting to pass and make it easier for them.
    Patience!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast