Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Canfield 310's

steelcomp
    Update for anyone interested. Yesterday I got my cam (thanks CStraub), valve springs should be here tomorrow, (thanks Squeezing Spectra) ex. valves came today, waiting on parts for the Holley's (modifying for screw in air bleeds and soft progressive linkage), still need to mock-up motor and check vp clearances and cam install, and also check TR fit on heads, assemble carbs and linkage. Then final assy on everything, and hopefully have together for dyno test last week in Aug. Fresh stainless BC mpeller should be here Mon. or Tues. (Thanks MPD) and need to set clearances in pump, then can finish putting boat back together. Hoping to be at Ming in Sept. :coffeycup

Squirtin Thunder
    I will be there Sept and Oct. :yuk:

Jeanyus
    I'll be there too. Sounds like a Bahner tunnel jet reunion.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...rant-thumb.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...hner-thumb.jpg
    Jim will you be racing your boat? I rented a motorhome, and need somone with a vehicle to launch my boat.

Infomaniac
    Update for anyone interested. Yesterday I got my cam (thanks CStraub), valve springs should be here tomorrow, (thanks Squeezing Spectra) ex. valves came today, waiting on parts for the Holley's (modifying for screw in air bleeds and soft progressive linkage), still need to mock-up motor and check vp clearances and cam install, and also check TR fit on heads, assemble carbs and linkage. Then final assy on everything, and hopefully have together for dyno test last week in Aug. Fresh stainless BC mpeller should be here Mon. or Tues. (Thanks MPD) and need to set clearances in pump, then can finish putting boat back together. Hoping to be at Ming in Sept. :coffeycup
    Dude last week in Aug is unacceptable. Get on the ball man. Were waiting.

steelcomp
    Dude last week in Aug is unacceptable. Get on the ball man. Were waiting.
    AAAAggghhhhh! Geeeeeezzz! OK, OK!

Squirtin Thunder
    I'll be there too. Sounds like a Bahner tunnel jet reunion.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...rant-thumb.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...hner-thumb.jpg
    Jim will you be racing your boat? I rented a motorhome, and need somone with a vehicle to launch my boat.
    Yes I am setting up for the next Circle Race at Ming with SCSC !!!
    See you in a few Hours !!!

steelcomp
    Update. Checking cam events today, pushrod length, rocker geometry etc. Finally got the right valves, etc. Mocked up no. 1, installed new cam, and started checking. OK..cam card says lobe is .422 int, .390 ex. Check. Actual, .420/.389. Close enough. To check geometry, v/p clearance and p/r length, I always put a dial on the retainer and get actual valve lift. Card says GROSS lift, .717 in, .663 ex. Check. At actual gross, that's without lash, I get .736. Ex, .679.
    Cam was made for 1.7 rockers. .422x 1.7= advertised gross of .720. Ex is .390x 1.7= .660 which is close enough to what the card says. (I don't know where the .003 delta comes from, but it dosen't matter)
    So now I'm confused. Did they mean NET lift on the card? Subtract the suggested lash, and I'm right in there. But that dosen't matter anyway, becauase the lobe is correct, and the gross lift is what it is, at .736/ .679. measured. Several times. The only conclusion I come up with is that the Crane Gold rockers I have that are stamped 1.7 aren't. They're 1.75. :idea: So I get a free .020 lift. :hammer2: I haven't degreed yet, so it should be interesting to see what happens with the events.
    More later.

PC Rat
    Steel,
    I ran into the exact same thing as you when I was building my 467.
    Measured cam - right on.
    Measured off retainer - didn't match card.
    Did some math and came up with closer to 1.76 ratio rockers. They were also Crane Golds.
    Brian

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234