Thread: Water Connections - aluminum logs

My old set of Indmar headers had two connections in the front. My new Glenwood set has one in front and one in back. Does it really make a damn difference which water feed hose is connected as long as I do both headers the same?
    Thanks - time for mass beers, I'm beat........

Dans66Stevens
    I would think you would want the water to flow from the front to the rear. That way when you take off the water is not trying to be pushed the other way. Does that make sense? That is how both of my boatsd are set-up.

hawaiian21
    having found out the hard way, after I got the motor back in, I soon found out I could not remember how the water hoses were. the hoses on water log exhaust should run as follows. from the pump to the front of the water logs, then from the water logs to the water neck on the motor and the from the front of the motor to the back of the water logs, this helps preheat the water before it enters the motor. I currently run no thermostat and it reaches about 120 to 140 degrees on a hot day.

Taylorman
    I think Hawaiian21 is a little inaccurate. I think the plumbing should go from the pump to the water logs, then from the logs to the front of the engine(not the water neck). Then the water comes out of the water divider on your intake to the exhaust risers to be sent out of the boat through the exhaust. I don't know whether it makes a difference whether or not you go into the logs in the front or back port when coming from the pump. I would call Glenwood to be sure.

flat broke
    http://www.liquidaddiction.net/images/logs.jpg diagram courtesy of Jim Lee.
    hope that helps,
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)
    [This message has been edited by flat broke (edited March 23, 2002).]