Thread: cam, intake, carb suggestions

dreamsicle
    I just bought a 19' Hallett with a 454 and Berkley pump with an A impeller. The engine is in need of a rebuild and I was thinking of putting in more cam and maybe a tunnel ram. Any suggestions? Thanks.

dreamsicle
    I was just wondering how much cam and if a tunnel ram would work, and if so should I go with 2-450s or 2-600s. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

77charger
    with an a cut i'd stick to a cam around 230-236 at.50 (hydraulic type)or a comp cams 280 mag or similar grind. tunnel rams i dont know a whole lot avout but would think that the 600s will be fine.On another note what compression are you running.That would affect how a t ram would work i would recomend at least a 10-1.but a well set single would work well too but the t-ram are good looking.

blondebomber
    I have a Lunati I'll give up for a good price. It's a LUN-00024lk part number and it's 230/230 duration @.050 and 544 lift intake and exhaust.

Wet Dream
    Glad to see another Hallett. What model did you get and what year?

Wet Dream
    I just looked at your profile, sounds like you need to check into the Anna Regatta posts and get your ass out there, you're not far at all.

dreamsicle
    I'm not sure what model I have. It is 19', and has buckets in front and sideways facing small benches. 454, berkley jet. I bought it running but smoking badly. The previous owner didn't treat her right. It has been sitting out in the weather and had not been run in three years. I pulled the engine out and apart, but as I am new to jets I am looking for all the advice I can get as to what I should put in the engine. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    And you are right, I am only about 45 minutes away from Anna. I am going to read the other posts to see what I need to do to attend. Thanks for any help you can give.

Wet Dream
    Did you read your email and look at the pic? Does it look anything like mine?

dreamsicle
    Mine looks just like yours, only yours is in better shape. Mine is a 1978, still has the original gel coat in orange and white.

Wet Dream
    Then you have a BV19. Mine is a 1976. All original except for the interior which is being done right now.