Thread: v10 guys

cc322
    I know we are out numbered buy the diesel boys BUT do any Ford v10 owners havw a different exhaust on there trucks? If so which one and do you like the sound. Seems like the fireing order ot these truck with the v10 have a sound all there own

BOBALOO
    I think there are some sound clips on the Ford Trucks Enthusiasts forums in the gasser forum. Might try the Diesel Stop also. I hear that changing the y pipe might make a fluttering sound at certain rpm's also. Ford necked the y pipe down to remedy the flutter complaints.
    I have a v 10 also and got the Banks ottomind chip for free and didn't notice any improvement or decrease in performance or mileage. I have a stock exhaust but might do the muffler change. I think most like the aero chamber or 3 chamber flowmaster.

BOBALOO
    The forum is the v-10 forum and the most common muffler is the Flowmaster 70 series quieter
    40 series louder
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

BRSTQUEST
    I Have A '01 F350 C/c L/b W/the V-10....i Love It!!!!!! I Run A Flowmaster With A New Y-tube Made At Fantasy Mufflers In Buena Park....it Flows Very Well...the 10 Does Have Its Own Sound....i Also Have The K&n Filter, Superchip Programmer And Regeared With 4.56's....it Also Has A 6 Inch Fabtech Lift With 315/7516....i Am Able To Pull My Boat Up The 29 Palms Grade At 75 Miles An Hour At About 3300 Rpm......the 10 Kicks Ass, But The Next Truck Will Have The Powerstroke With Some Upgrades For Sure

XTRM22
    I have a magnaflow muffler, with a 3" mandrel bent system from the cat back. I've heard others complain the the magnaflows resonate, but I don't hear it. Mine does make the fluttering sound under certain conditons though. The exhaust, a K&N and one of those goofy tornado fuel savers is all I've added to mine, and the goofy tornado fuel saver is the only difference I noticed, just slightly improved milage. MIne is an 01 with the leveling kit from procomp and 295 76 16's, 80,000 miles and knock on wood never been back to the dealer.
    CHuck

ADDICTED
    The best upgrade you can do to a Ford V-10 is headers! BY far!!
    46HP 50 torque with a stock y-pipe. I highly recommend headers. When doing testing with headers on V-10's we found we actually picked up more power between 2600 Rpm and 3600rpm with a factory y-pipe. With a high flow y-pipe we did see more HP, but this was seen at 5600rpm at the same time torque was lost in the lower rpm range. Like I said before the best thing you can do for a V-10 is headers.

cc322
    The best upgrade you can do to a Ford V-10 is headers! BY far!!
    46HP 50 torque with a stock y-pipe. I highly recommend headers. When doing testing with headers on V-10's we found we actually picked up more power between 2600 Rpm and 3600rpm with a factory y-pipe. With a high flow y-pipe we did see more HP, but this was seen at 5600rpm at the same time torque was lost in the lower rpm range. Like I said before the best thing you can do for a V-10 is headers.
    Which headers? Banks makes the whole kit but a bit pricey

Throttle
    have had the flowmaster day after I got it. Do not know what its like without. But I finally added the K&N intake and filter, WOW what a difference! get up and GO, does seem to sound a little more throughty too.

ADDICTED
    Which headers? Banks makes the whole kit but a bit pricey
    There are a couple good companys out there making good headers for the V-10. I would look at Gibson, and JBA. Both are good headers but one has a better warranty than the other and price might be better.

Speedin' Ian
    I have a two chamber flowmaster and I think it sounds pretty good, not loud at all while at cruising speed, but it has a good sound when it is wound up.
    How hard are the headers to add? Do I need to change anything else after I add them.