Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Havasu on Memorial Weekend

Kiddunot
    Does anyone have any info on what is going on with the restrictions to the channel and what areas will be closed on memorial weekend? Please advise, also if all the hot spots are closed where will everyone be?

riverracerx
    Home by my pool! See everyone the weekend after the madness!

SCUBA STEVE
    Does anyone have any info on what is going on with the restrictions to the channel and what areas will be closed on memorial weekend? Please advise, also if all the hot spots are closed where will everyone be?
    I would avoid the channel past 11am anyway. It's fricken crazy in there after that time and the co2 levels are too much for me.
    Steamboat & the mini sandbar is probably where we'll be hanging out.
    Cooper canyon is an option, but will probably avoid that spot as well, unless we feel like getting stuck for a day. lol

Acommanderguy
    I will be in steamboat. But we might make a pass through there!

Mandelon
    Scuba's right on. Mini Sandbar fior more crazy or Steamboat for less crazy. I bet they'll close Copper Canyon though.
    The channel sounds like it will be heavily patrolled. Worth a look, but too smoggy for my taste too.

SCUBA STEVE
    Scuba's right on. Mini Sandbar fior more crazy or Steamboat for less crazy. I bet they'll close Copper Canyon though.
    The channel sounds like it will be heavily patrolled. Worth a look, but too smoggy for my taste too.
    Copper should be open but restriced so patrols can get in and out. :boxingguy
    Mandelon, if we see you, take your ear plugs, because I'll be in a different mind set then this past weekend. lol

Phat Daddy
    Home by my pool! See everyone the weekend after the madness!
    I'm with you RR, avoid the madness.

HOOTER SLED-
    I'm with you RR, avoid the madness.
    Should we go local D?????????

Mandelon
    Copper should be open but restriced so patrols can get in and out. :boxingguy
    Mandelon, if we see you, take your ear plugs, because I'll be in a different mind set then this past weekend. lol
    We will have Super Scuba and not Serene Scuba? I'll be lookin for ya... :wink: Thanks for the help Saturday.

Not So Fast
    I will attend the council meeting on the 24th which I believe will concern the channel and the actions that the city will take I'll post that nite or the next day but with the attitude around here and from what I've heard there will be big changes at least in the channel.
    As far as the Sandbar I dont think anything has changed. Copper will be open as well as Steamboat but with increased LEO's and as usual "keep clear lanes".
    I'm a little older than most on here (at least in years) and my party hat is not what it once was, but for the life of me I don't understand why anybody wants to come to Havasu on the big weekends The crowds are unbearable, the ramps are a joke and very DANGEROUS,usualy closed by 10am, the water is a friggin washing machine, there is LEO everywhere with little tolerance (who can blame them) and the shall we say class of visitors goes into the toilet! Every banger with in a 400 mile radius shows up. It seems the inexperienced boaters also come out of the wood work. No thanks, it's movies and a trip down to watch the "show" in the afternoon for us. Good luck :sleeping: NSF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast