Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adventures in Disco Bay

jackpunx
    First off I want to thank Stoker2001 and his wife for baby sitting us all day this weekendÂ… This was my first experience on the Delta.. All I can say is if you have never been there.. DonÂ’t go alone!!.. I had NO idea where I was.. I just followed Stoker2001 as close as I couldÂ…. We launched at Tower Park.. then he took us site seeing.. It was amazing.. He showed us where you guys do your hooky day.. and where RobbyRacer GPS over 135 in a little.. I MEAN LITTLE channel.. You NOR CAL guys are nuts!.. Ultimately we ended up in Discovery bay for the boat show.. We saw BoatMaster, Jetboat guru and Teabag..
    So IÂ’m sitting there.. and start to remember this story that Hullshot tells me about the wind and the main channel.. and Im looking around.. thinking to my self.. we better get going.. We had our 20.4 Stoker with 6 people and Stoker 2001 had his Stoker 224 with 3..
    We got fuel and headed out..
    We ended up at hidden island (I think) it was a bar.. It reminded me of something you would see in parker.. We raced almost all the way back having a blast .. Then we hit the channel.. it was windy and pretty ugly.. it was probably 2-3Â’ waves.. Now remember.. we have little boats.. but.. they are STOKERS!...lol..
    First off.. Between my woman and I we have two stokers.. I have a 224 with a car motor.. and she has the 20.4 with an OB.. We just bought a house and decided that we were going to sell the 20.4.. After this ride I looked at her and said.. There is NO way we are selling this boat right now.. LOLÂ…. I have driven this boat before.. but.. never in challenging water.. I donÂ’t have words for how well it handled.. I know how our 224 handles ugly water.. but unless you had your own experience.. you would never have any idea how the 20.4 handles the water..
    Now I know how those guys made it back and fourth to Catalina in those boats..
    I know she didnÂ’t want to sell it.. we love to boat together so we thought we would never use both boats.. Even though she drives my boat.. its not really a friendly application to say it lightlyÂ…and IÂ’m always over her shoulder.. With white knuckles.. (Not because IÂ’m an ass hole.. but because I have a 1200HP Stoker and its generally not a good idea to let people with out a TON of experience drive it).
    Long story short.. We are keeping the little Stoker tooÂ… She is going to drive it with her girlfriends.. and weÂ’ll keep it for local boatingÂ….
    BTW.. Im going to enter it in a 8hr race in parkerÂ… and maybe some ski racing too.. lol
    I want to thank Kevin (Stoker2001) for a great day on the Delta and cant wait to do it again..
    Mark

Was there rough water out there?

jackpunx
    Was there rough water out there?
    LMAO.. yea.. from what I heard... .you may have found some too
    BTW.. thats a great looking 26.. Your going to have a blast with it

Thanx Jackpunx,
    We hit some big stuff on our way to Riverboat. I think were running 60-70 and the wind was howling. I am not real familiar with all of the delta. You can get lost in one turn. Great seeing you guys up here. Let us know when you are gonna be up again.

HP350SC
    JP- A map and topped off tanks are a must You may remember my story of an overheating motor, low fuel and no map :idea: I thought they would find me dead in my boat after driving in circles LOL
    Fun place though, almost like a road race course. Really lets the turning ability of the Stoker's shine!

Dave C
    you got set of solid brass nuts.....
    first 140+ mph in a stoker then you go out to the delta in that boat... WOW two feats of daring unmatched!!
    You're the man!!!
    jackpunx for president!!!

jackpunx
    JP- A map and topped off tanks are a must You may remember my story of an overheating motor, low fuel and no map :idea: I thought they would find me dead in my boat after driving in circles LOL
    Fun place though, almost like a road race course. Really lets the turning ability of the Stoker's shine!
    for sure.. I remember that story :2purples: .. I should have taken my GPS..

jackpunx
    you got set of solid brass nuts.....
    first 140+ mph in a stoker then you go out to the delta in that boat... WOW two feats of daring unmatched!!
    You're the man!!!
    jackpunx for president!!!
    LMAO.. Im not sure I would go that far.. have you seen Tony S drive his K boat?..lol
    its all fun and games till someone knocks out an eye

Dave C
    there is a difference between big nuts and no brains.... lol
    J/K BTW

Sherpa
    The delta is awesome......... it is like the James Bond movie in alot of ways..
    And It's called "Lost Isle"....... my BIL owns it..... cool place, but my sister
    hates it.......
    Glad you had a good time............!
    as for your "rough chop" you haven't got to experience Frank's Tract with
    50mph winds, 8 foot chop in a Mastercraft prostar 190..... wet doesn't begin
    to describe it..........
    --Sherpa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast