Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adventures in Disco Bay

jackpunx
    The delta is awesome......... it is like the James Bond movie in alot of ways..
    And It's called "Lost Isle"....... my BIL owns it..... cool place, but my sister
    hates it.......
    Glad you had a good time............!
    as for your "rough chop" you haven't got to experience Frank's Tract with
    50mph winds, 8 foot chop in a Mastercraft prostar 190..... wet doesn't begin
    to describe it..........
    --Sherpa
    we did have a great time..
    8" chop?.. sounds like a 3 hr tour.. it also soundsl like something we might think twice about in a 36' cat

gnarley
    Sounds like you had a great time and you haven't come close to seeing it all yet, in fact after several years of going out there, I haven't seen it all yet. Even with the winds picking up most of the sloughs are pretty well protected and there isn't much chop and you can spend hours out there in relative protection. You ought to see the 4th of July from near Baron Hilton's place, it's F'n crazy with more then 4000 boats tied up or anchored at times and Lost Isle is only a 5-10 minute ride up the deep water channel. Be sure to watch out for the rollers coming off the big cruizers, you could launch off one and stuff it. The best part is you can always loose the crowds if you want!

jackpunx
    Sounds like you had a great time and you haven't come close to seeing it all yet, in fact after several years of going out there, I haven't seen it all yet. Even with the winds picking up most of the sloughs are pretty well protected and there isn't much chop and you can spend hours out there in relative protection. You ought to see the 4th of July from near Baron Hilton's place, it's F'n crazy with more then 4000 boats tied up or anchored at times and Lost Isle is only a 5-10 minute ride up the deep water channel. Be sure to watch out for the rollers coming off the big cruizers, you could launch off one and stuff it. The best part is you can always loose the crowds if you want!
    we got a taste of some big rollers.. I can only imagine that it goes off there..
    for me..its worth the drive up from LA.. as long as I have a tour guide.. :wink:

The waves that get me are the huge ones that follow behind the big boats after you cross their outer wakes. They are spaced just enough apart to really jack you up.

gnarley
    The waves that get me are the huge ones that follow behind the big boats after you cross their outer wakes. They are spaced just enough apart to really jack you up.
    Hey Tony, those are the rollers! Sometimes you don't even see a boat and suddenly you are on them without warning and they can go on for a 1/4 mile before they disappear again without ever seeing who made them.

Dr. Eagle
    I got my Eagle 300 XP completely out of the water jumping one of those a couple of hundred feet behind the boat. They are enormous and perfectly ramped for a dukes of hazard jump. Please don't do this at home... :hammerhea

jackpunx
    Tony,,
    I think you should try to double those rollers with your k boat

Dave C
    no kidding!
    the rollers that follow directly behind, about 100 feet or so, the freighters and barges heading to Stockton....... those are the ones that will leave a friggin mark. :supp: :supp:
    long time ago, we stopped and waited for a freighter to pass use. When the initial wakes subsided, we took off full speed... thinking it was OK but then 15 seconds later ..... yeeeehaaaaaa!! OUCH!
    "Just the good ol boys... never meaning no harm".....
    I got my Eagle 300 XP completely out of the water jumping one of those a couple of hundred feet behind the boat. They are enormous and perfectly ramped for a dukes of hazard jump. Please don't do this at home... :hammerhea

Aqua Boogie1
    Jack, I think I saw you guys at the Lost Isle. I walking to my boat and saw to Stokers pull in. They were really nice and had mentioned to my friend the there some people on the ***boats boards that have these. But I don't think one was you, they were both OB's. Well, anyway Im glad you guys enjoy my side of town!!!!!! Hope to catch you guys the next time up!!!!

jackpunx
    Jack, I think I saw you guys at the Lost Isle. I walking to my boat and saw to Stokers pull in. They were really nice and had mentioned to my friend the there some people on the ***boats boards that have these. But I don't think one was you, they were both OB's. Well, anyway Im glad you guys enjoy my side of town!!!!!! Hope to catch you guys the next time up!!!!
    Yep.. that was us.. we have two Stokers.. One with the Car engine and the other with the OB.. I had the little one (blue,yellow white) and Stoker2001 had (red, yellow white) the bigger one..
    we will be coming up again soon.. I'll post in advance and maybe we can all hang out next time..
    BTW.. you guys are always welcome in Parker.. Let us know when your coming down and we'll have a party.
    Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast