Thread: Jacuzzi Adapter Plate

nielly
    Has any manufacture engineered an adapter plate where we (Jacuzzi owners) can up grade the intake to a newer Berkley, Aggressor, American Turbine or Dominator. I have an energizer kit already, but I would like to ad a ride plate and shoe. I tried the droop snoot with ride plate and the boat handled a lot better, but I lost a lot of performance.
    Just looking for the next step.
    Thanks in advance. :idea:
    Nielly

Zeug
    Most of the time you have to pull the intake to put machine it for a shoe. If you are going that far, might as well put the berkely style intake back in.
    In my opinion, the Jacuzzi is a good pump but when your looking at all the time and money to convert stuff on the intake, it pays to jsut step it up to a berk style pump.
    Kent

BrendellaJet
    costs the same to machine the Jacuzzi as it does the berk...

BrendellaJet
    Has any manufacture engineered an adapter plate where we (Jacuzzi owners) can up grade the intake to a newer Berkley, Aggressor, American Turbine or Dominator. I have an energizer kit already, but I would like to ad a ride plate and shoe. I tried the droop snoot with ride plate and the boat handled a lot better, but I lost a lot of performance.
    Just looking for the next step.
    Thanks in advance. :idea:
    Nielly
    do you have a YJ or a WJ?

Zeug
    costs the same to machine the Jacuzzi as it does the berk...
    'Zackley! Pull the WJ, machine a berk intake for the shoe, and sell me the Energizer!
    Kent

nielly
    I have a YJ and I am wodering is there a lot of glass and cut work in order to put a Berkley type intake in. Is the time and money worth the performance gains. Obivously, if I take my Jacuzzi out and replace it with a Berkley, the hole in the bottom of the boat will not match. So, I was wondering if the problem could be fixed by putting an adapter plate in.
    :notam:

BrendellaJet
    Okay-that makes a difference. Im not sure of the problem with the YJ(other than it is an axial flow pump-which I beleive the Energizer kit takes care of) but I think the intake for the YJ is not conducive to speed, either its too big or its too small? Lots of glasswork is involved(if its bigger), but it can be done. If you are handy you could probably pull it off, but it would take a lot of planning and discussing the particulars with people who are qualified to speak about the conversion AND who are familiar with your hull....May be easier/cheaper to buy a new hull. First i would try that energizer kit though since you have it, and, check the measurements on your pump intake. If it turns out it is smaller than a berk or other inake, thats not really any glass work involved other than cutting. then you just have the issue of placing the intake properly, which is not difficult if you have some patience.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I have to agree with Brendella. Info and measurements will define a lot of good/bad options without wasting $$$$ and effort.

Zeug
    usually the YJ came on bigger boats and that's where the YJ is an OK choice. I've heard it offers better off the line performance for lower HP and heavier hulls. I havent seen any in a 18 or 19' hull.
    So what is yours in nielly?

Jake W2
    I am thinking it is bigger than a Berk hole if it is Gloden Eagle or incert pump thats a whole lota glass work.
    Jake