Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: well anybody do anything this weekend?

oldbuck40
    Than the reason you're not coming down for Memorial Day is What you said you werent going cause your too busy!!! haha,i just cant make it, too many things catching up with me,almost through with the fence in front of the house,today will be 8 straight days working on it and im pooped! the pool is warm enough to swim in but i've been too busy to vacum it,,kinda green on the bottom... you know how those alligators can be!!

oldbuck40
    I hear you. Who woulda thought boats could ever have so many pieces?!? :messedup: oh yea somthing tells me i should also put the new throttle cable in the boat being the hot foot is laying on the ground beside the boat :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

Devilman
    oh yea somthing tells me i should also put the new throttle cable in the boat being the hot foot is laying on the ground beside the boat :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea
    You saying that reminds me, are foot throttles pretty generic? How would I go about IDing what type cable I need? The base of my throttle is broken. I can use it if I really have to, but just kind of a pain getting it screwed down, thought about replacing it. The cable is operational, but leaves a little to be desired if ya know what I mean... I can't find any kind of ID on the cable or the foot throttle.

oldbuck40
    You saying that reminds me, are foot throttles pretty generic? How would I go about IDing what type cable I need? The base of my throttle is broken. I can use it if I really have to, but just kind of a pain getting it screwed down, thought about replacing it. The cable is operational, but leaves a little to be desired if ya know what I mean... I can't find any kind of ID on the cable or the foot throttle.most cables are pretty much generic in this catagory,when i ordered my cable from rex marine all they ask me was how long it was from thread tip to thread tip and the size of the thread. yea pretty basic..what part is broken on your hot foot?

Devilman
    The base... As of right now, the pedal is on one half, and where the cable runs thru & attaches is on the other. It was like that when I bought the boat, looks like its been broken for a long time. Somebody tried to JB weld it to no avail. Like I said, it's usable, cause the 2 halves line up damn near perfectly & there's mounting holes on both sides of the break, but just kind of crappy & a general pain in the rump to get mounted.

oldbuck40
    The base... As of right now, the pedal is on one half, and where the cable runs thru & attaches is on the other. It was like that when I bought the boat, looks like its been broken for a long time. Somebody tried to JB weld it to no avail. Like I said, it's usable, cause the 2 halves line up damn near perfectly & there's mounting holes on both sides of the break, but just kind of crappy & a general pain in the rump to get mounted.kinda hard to tell without seeing it but i'll bet when we get to sommerville and we put all our heads together we can come up with a solution that will fix it!

Taylorman
    Hey old buck, what kind of heads you buy? What did you have coated. Im so ready for Somerville i cant stand it.
    Kevin

Devilman
    My wife found one on ebay that was going for $65 or something like that. That throttle wouldn't be difficult to replace. Might end up with a couple extra screw holes in the floor, but that's what silicone's for right? Figure I'll use this one for now, get her going, then swap it at a later date. Woo hoo! Did somebody say Sommerville?

oldbuck40
    Hey old buck, what kind of heads you buy? What did you have coated. Im so ready for Somerville i cant stand it.
    KevinAir Flow Research (AFR) 104cc chamber rect. port. i had the headers and valve covers done at jet-hot.

oldbuck40
    My wife found one on ebay that was going for $65 or something like that. That throttle wouldn't be difficult to replace. Might end up with a couple extra screw holes in the floor, but that's what silicone's for right? Figure I'll use this one for now, get her going, then swap it at a later date. Woo hoo! Did somebody say Sommerville?that doesnt sound like a bad deal! i havent priced them though? you better do somthing your gonna look real funny with a big string tied to your big toe for the throttle...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast