Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a runaway, er ,groom.............

Rod-64
    Was supposed to get married on Saturday to a new Nissan Titan............well before I was going to go get it, I drove and liked the Chevy Avalanche. The only thing is was the thing had a factory installed lift kit which was nice but something I don't need and the only other one was a base model. This lifted one had every option but a dvd player. It was like a limo on the inside and a beast on the outside. 50,000 on the sticker and they'd take 10,000 off. BUT that's still 10,000 over my budget. :frown:
    Me and my friend drove that thing for 2 hours and brought it back a little more dusty than when it left.
    Ah what to buy? I really like the bed set-up in the Avalanche..........don't need to but tonneau covers and stuff. Heard they're pigs on gas though.
    Oh well no rush..............

riverbound
    Did you at least contact Photoglou??? Before you buy make sure to give him a call 714-552-0300. He will get you the exact truck you want and make the purchase painless.

Rod-64
    Did you at least contact Photoglou??? Before you buy make sure to give him a call 714-552-0300. He will get you the exact truck you want and make the purchase painless.
    Honestly yes, I will contact him. I just wanted a day or 2 break from car shopping. I've never taken a bar exam but car shopping is probably as close to the headache you get!

Big Warlock
    And as you are in Az., I have a contact at Courtesy Chevrolet, Fleet Manager. I drive an '04 3/4 ton Avalanche with the 8.1 (496) and I get 10 mpg byitself and 9.5 gallon towing the 29' Warlock. Other than the mileage, it is an awesome truck! I have owned Tahoes all my adult life. I bought this truck for towing. It is the best tow vehicle I have ever driven! I got mine with most options including leather interior, 4X4, power everything, ONSTAR, 6 CD in dash, upgraded stereo, tow package to include electric mirrors that move out what seems like a foot with an electric motor. Heated seats (needed in AZ. when you leave Katherine's Landing in July!) etc. etc. I want to say I bought mine for high 30's? Like 38K? I got 10K off with rebates, fleet customer, and the fact that I also owned a jeep? Something like that.
    Rob

riverbound
    Honestly yes, I will contact him. I just wanted a day or 2 break from car shopping. I've never taken a bar exam but car shopping is probably as close to the headache you get!
    You will be surpirsed how easy Jay makes buying a car. If you call him and tell him what you want he will find it and deliver it you and the paperwork takes almost no time at all. no headaches.

Beer-30
    I drove and liked the Chevy Avalanche. It was like a limo on the inside and a beast on the outside. Ah what to buy? I really like the bed set-up in the Avalanche..........don't need to but tonneau covers and stuff. Heard they're pigs on gas though.
    Oh well no rush..............
    Here's my take on vehicles. Boats included. In my case, I am in a career that is somewhat dangerous. So I tell the wife all the time "it could all be over tomorrow". I am not going to get myself buried in debt to where we can't handle it. But, I am not going to cut corners on the stuff that I want. I drive a dually (gas) every day for whatever I do. To work, to the store, whatever. I drive it because I like it. We only go through life once. Sure, I could get a Honda or something small to drive around until it's time to pull the boat, but I don't want to.
    We only live once. Sounds like you like the Avalanche, so maybe compromise and find one that has what you want but is not lifted. Then spend the extra for that later, but it may get you into your vehicle today. ? :mix:

Dr. Eagle
    Buy the Chevy... :chi:

HammerDown
    No disrespect ment here...but...how could you get excited about a Nissan(Titan)

Dr. Eagle
    No disrespect ment here...but...how could you get excited about a Nissan(Titan)
    Cuz of the cool boxy sheet metal and phony rivets I guess...

prosthogod
    Buy a powerstroke, and you will never regret it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast