I know,I know, this should be in Political Rhetoric but no one reads that. How do you guys feel about this mess we have going in Iraq. I subscribe to Rolling Stone and their monthly "National Affairs" (plus other articles I read) section covers the war this month. The news is bad and getting worse. Most of the Iraq Police forces trained by our forces are defecting to the insurgents! The cost of the war is now at $192 billion, 1535 brave U.S. men & women have lost their lives, 177 allied troops and 229 private contractors as well. How many soldiers come home to financial ruin and bankruptcy because of this unwanted war ?? The reason for this is the now forlorn "WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION" we were told they had which we have never found. We now have 150,000 troops in that hell hole, 11,888 wounded soldiers, 51 dead jounalists and this President says "things are going well" but if you read outside of what the news media tells us and get what I feel is the real truth of whats happening over there it is about to explode in a major civil war. Then where will we be?? There is one semi-safe place called the Green Zone in Baghdad and even in there they say if you wander around at night they will most likely find your headless body the next day!!
What the hell are we still doing there, didn't we learn our lesson in Viet Nam!!
And if you can get your hands on this issue (May) take a look at our President walking in the rose garden at his Texas ranch with the Saudi Crown Prince, HOLDING HANDS AS THEY WALK!!! as oil hits an all time high. The look on the Presidents face is just too much too describe! How does this country still support this man.
I'll be bashed for being unpatriotic or anti Republican but I supprot our troops and the devine right to defend this country and because I am an American I am entitled to my opinion, GOD BLESS THE USA!! NSF