Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quagmire (iraq)

Not So Fast
    I know,I know, this should be in Political Rhetoric but no one reads that. How do you guys feel about this mess we have going in Iraq. I subscribe to Rolling Stone and their monthly "National Affairs" (plus other articles I read) section covers the war this month. The news is bad and getting worse. Most of the Iraq Police forces trained by our forces are defecting to the insurgents! The cost of the war is now at $192 billion, 1535 brave U.S. men & women have lost their lives, 177 allied troops and 229 private contractors as well. How many soldiers come home to financial ruin and bankruptcy because of this unwanted war ?? The reason for this is the now forlorn "WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION" we were told they had which we have never found. We now have 150,000 troops in that hell hole, 11,888 wounded soldiers, 51 dead jounalists and this President says "things are going well" but if you read outside of what the news media tells us and get what I feel is the real truth of whats happening over there it is about to explode in a major civil war. Then where will we be?? There is one semi-safe place called the Green Zone in Baghdad and even in there they say if you wander around at night they will most likely find your headless body the next day!!
    What the hell are we still doing there, didn't we learn our lesson in Viet Nam!!
    And if you can get your hands on this issue (May) take a look at our President walking in the rose garden at his Texas ranch with the Saudi Crown Prince, HOLDING HANDS AS THEY WALK!!! as oil hits an all time high. The look on the Presidents face is just too much too describe! How does this country still support this man.
    I'll be bashed for being unpatriotic or anti Republican but I supprot our troops and the devine right to defend this country and because I am an American I am entitled to my opinion, GOD BLESS THE USA!! NSF

Schiada76
    Idiot

Dr. Eagle
    Yep... :2purples:
    I agree this belongs in the Political Rhetoric forum... can we get it moved????

Blown 472
    Dude, don't bring reason into here, these guys are spoon fed from fox news and believe everything they hear.

LHC30Victory
    NSF - I will defend your right to your opinion and will suggest to others not to bash you for doing so.
    On the other hand, your post sounds like you took an article that was designed to be agains Bush's administration (and the man himself) by using typical journalistic hype to inflame those who either will not or do not know how to find the truth and to balance that information.
    I believe that Rollling Stone is a little slanted on their reporting as are other sources of our information.

Dr. Eagle
    Reason?
    Er um... Ok if you say so... :idea:
    And I don't watch Fox news at all thank you very much!

Blown 472
    NSF - I will defend your right to your opinion and will suggest to others not to bash you for doing so.
    On the other hand, your post sounds like you took an article that was designed to be agains Bush's administration (and the man himself) by using typical journalistic hype to inflame those who either will not or do not know how to find the truth and to balance that information.
    I believe that Rollling Stone is a little slanted on their reporting as are other sources of our information.
    And the corporate owned media that panders to bush isn't???

Dr. Eagle
    And the corporate owned media that panders to bush isn't???
    You mean like CBS, ABC and NBC, the New York and LA Times (Pravda)? Now that chit's funny. :coffeycup

Blown 472
    You mean like CBS, ABC and NBC, the New York and LA Times (Pravda)? Now that chit's funny. :coffeycup
    Well considering that most of the media outlets ie radio and tv are owned by 6 companies and they want the restrictions lowered some more to buy up more stuff then yes they are pandering.

Dr. Eagle
    Well considering that most of the media outlets ie radio and tv are owned by 6 companies and they want the restrictions lowered some more to buy up more stuff then yes they are pandering.
    The bulk of the media is left biased in this country... with out a doubt. They wouldn't be caught dead pandering to Bush. Those that I listed in my post wouldn't be caught dead saying a kind word about him...
    I say again, can we get this moved so I can ignore it like I have the rest of this political BS?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast