Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ice chest issues...

Mrs.HLB1
    works great and floats!!
    I will have to try my tupperware out and see what happens.
    Thanks!

Mrs CP 19
    Target carries the fake ice cubes, probably Wal-mart etc, too. We freeze all our water bottles to use for ice, also keep ice in large zip locs. The milk jug freezing water works great if you have the room.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    [QUOTE=Tahiti350]Clean out some gallon milk jugs (really well), fill them with tap water, throw'em in the freezer, once solid throw 'em in the cooler. Two will normally hold temp on a big (54 gallon) cooler, and as they thaw out you have fresh, cold drinking water. I've used this for years, especially when going camping where water quality was unknown.
    QUOTE]
    Wouldn't it be easier to just freeze a couple gallon water jugs???? :hammer2:

Mrs Luvnlife
    Tupperware
    Exactly what our friends had this weekend, takes up a little more space in the ice chest, but saves the sandwiches from getting water logged. I'm gonna have to give it a try myself.

WYRD
    [QUOTE=Tahiti350]Clean out some gallon milk jugs (really well), fill them with tap water, throw'em in the freezer, once solid throw 'em in the cooler. Two will normally hold temp on a big (54 gallon) cooler, and as they thaw out you have fresh, cold drinking water. I've used this for years, especially when going camping where water quality was unknown.
    QUOTE]

Don't try to use logic here

surfer2001
    Do you know who makes them? I have seen them but was unsure.
    Thanks
    i can find out for you next time out

AzLakeLizard
    Clean out some gallon milk jugs (really well), fill them with tap water, throw'em in the freezer, once solid throw 'em in the cooler. Two will normally hold temp on a big (54 gallon) cooler, and as they thaw out you have fresh, cold drinking water. I've used this for years, especially when going camping where water quality was unknown.
    Or, just buy one of the 12 volt coolers, and keep it plugged into the boat.
    Camping, Jeeping and Boating.. we use the Frozen Milk Jugs also! great way to keep things cold and have water for drinking, making coffee etc.!

Essex502
    Like others....Tupperware or Tupperware clones. We have several sizes for sandwiches or other things we want ot keep dry.

AzLakeLizard
    QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]
    LOL... I always have empty milk jugs around.. because of kids.. would have to go out just for the water jugs for a trip.. just doing the recycle thing this way too! :shift:

redi4fun
    I bought some of these http://www.techniiceamerica.com/ at the boat show. They seem to work OK. No more soggy lunch! :idea:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast