Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta - Memorial weekend

diggler
    We are going to be at Tower park unless work messes up the trip. Going with some friends that are tenting in the campground but we are staying on the boat. Not sure what all boats we will be with but we have a 29' profile and there will be a 32' Sunsation with us. We have been to the Delta before but not on a Holiday so this should be interesting. They are talking about a run to Sac so is there any problems getting premium on the water if I have to. Be there dark thirty on Friday till Monday. Who knows maybe we will meet some new boating peeps.
    Not sure we will do any Lost Isle this weekend but Windmill is very possible and have been there before. Rusty Porthole? Me have to do some checking not sure on that.
    Premium may be a real beeotch because none of the marinas sell a lot of it, and I know there's been rumours of water contamination in some of it. Since I can only go out on Sunday, I was wondering if people were willing to meet up in the morning and then go from there? I'm no leader, but it's always good to boat with others, especially on a holiday weekend where you never know what's going to happen!

deltarat
    [QUOTE=diggler] I'm no leader, but it's always good to boat with others
    Come on Digg, we all know that you will be following nobody with that bad ass boat of yours. The only question is how far ahead will you be, and can the rest of us sorta keep up. It was great to see you guys at the lake last weekend. I hope you had an uneventful drive home on Sunday.

diggler
    [QUOTE=diggler] I'm no leader, but it's always good to boat with others
    Come on Digg, we all know that you will be following nobody with that bad ass boat of yours. The only question is how far ahead will you be, and can the rest of us sorta keep up. It was great to see you guys at the lake last weekend. I hope you had an uneventful drive home on Sunday.
    Ha ha! Thanks Terry! Got home fine, and slept all day.
    Think you can make it out memorial weekend on Sunday? If not, I think I may head out this Saturday if you're interested.
    Oh, almost forgot, I'll be presenting your company as potential bidders for our fiber work we're doing this year. I'll keep you updated as I have your card.

gnarley
    They are talking about a run to Sac so is there any problems getting premium on the water if I have to. Be there dark thirty on Friday till Monday. Who knows maybe we will meet some new boating peeps.
    Make sure you have a map. Tower sells premium and a 10% discount to boat US members, Garlic brothers sells premium also (about the cheapest around), Bull Frogs sells premium and race fuel and the Sugar Barge was selling premium. If you wana go to Sac make sure the locks are open or you'll be going up that way and turning around or you'll take the long way around or slow up the Georgiana slough to Walnut Grove. Keep your eyes open for debris where ever you go. The water has been high and there is a lot of suff coming down from the recent rain.
    Also if you go to Lost Isle make sure to have EVERYONE remove their wristbands when you depart, the LE's will be out and looking for those little bands on your wrists!

paradigm shift
    Make sure you have a map. Tower sells premium and a 10% discount to boat US members, Garlic brothers sells premium also (about the cheapest around), Bull Frogs sells premium and race fuel and the Sugar Barge was selling premium. If you wana go to Sac make sure the locks are open or you'll be going up that way and turning around or you'll take the long way around or slow up the Georgiana slough to Walnut Grove. Keep your eyes open for debris where ever you go. The water has been high and there is a lot of suff coming down from the recent rain.
    Also if you go to Lost Isle make sure to have EVERYONE remove their wristbands when you depart, the LE's will be out and looking for those little bands on your wrists!
    Thanks Gnarly!.
    I hold enough gas so I got some range but it will be great knowing who sells what. I always watch for snags, that and low areas are one of my biggest fears of the Delta. Maps I got and I even have a GPS with mapping for my hand held now so I know I will not get too lost. :rollside:
    I know about the locks just never been all the way to Sac. More of a family weekend as for Lost Isle. We can't make Havasu so we are going to try the Delta on a Holiday. Should be interesting. Delta is 1/2 as far as Havasu and with my work schedule this year we are looking at spending some more time at the Delta-Millerton-Pine Flat-Don Pedro areas. Really appriciate all the inside info. :idea:

deltarat
    Ha ha! Thanks Terry! Got home fine, and slept all day.
    Think you can make it out memorial weekend on Sunday? If not, I think I may head out this Saturday if you're interested.
    Oh, almost forgot, I'll be presenting your company as potential bidders for our fiber work we're doing this year. I'll keep you updated as I have your card.
    I plan on going out on Sat with a buddy who is picking up his new boat Friday. He asked if I could help him get aclamated with his launching prior to taking his family out for the first time. Would like to have a beer with you this weekend. Lets plan on meeting up some where. If not I will be at the Lost Isle the following Sunday. You should try to get in on the Oroville trip before all the space is gone.

78Anthonyjet
    You may not be able to see Digglers boat, but you can see that Rooster Tail from about 6 miles away. Diggler, that is a BAD ASS boat you got .

life's a river
    How far is the Delta from The Riverside area. I was thinking of making a trip up there this summer. I hear there is good glassy water for skiing.
    LAR

deltarat
    How far is the Delta from The Riverside area. I was thinking of making a trip up there this summer. I hear there is good glassy water for skiing.
    LAR
    Its about a 5 to 6 hour drive, but there is 1000 navigatable miles of water to play on.

life's a river
    Its about a 5 to 6 hour drive, but there is 1000 navigatable miles of water to play on.
    About 350 miles or so? That's not so bad. The river is 250. Thanks for the info.
    LAR

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast