Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ice chest issues...

Mrs.HLB1
    What do you all use for your ice chests when you have sandwich meat, cheese's etc? Mine always get water logged when the ice melts. I do also put them in ziploc baggies. But it still doesn't work?!
    Any ideas??

surfer2001
    You can get the fake ice cubes at the boat shows. They work well for a one day.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Ziploc baggies inside another ziploc baggie. We also use one ice chest just for the food and another for the drinks.

Tahiti350
    Clean out some gallon milk jugs (really well), fill them with tap water, throw'em in the freezer, once solid throw 'em in the cooler. Two will normally hold temp on a big (54 gallon) cooler, and as they thaw out you have fresh, cold drinking water. I've used this for years, especially when going camping where water quality was unknown.
    Or, just buy one of the 12 volt coolers, and keep it plugged into the boat.

djunkie
    Ziploc baggies inside another ziploc baggie. We also use one ice chest just for the food and another for the drinks.
    I do the same here. I also have a tray in my big ice chest that sits at the top and keeps the food dry.

Big Warlock
    works great and floats!!

Mrs.HLB1
    You can get the fake ice cubes at the boat shows. They work well for a one day.
    Do you know who makes them? I have seen them but was unsure.
    Thanks

ITS ALL GOOD
    Tupperware

Mrs.HLB1
    We do use a separate one also, but the food still gets wet. More baggies you think? Or no food and just drinks? That will solve the problem!

Mrs.HLB1
    I do the same here. I also have a tray in my big ice chest that sits at the top and keeps the food dry.
    Yeah I think I had one also but I threw it away. I didn't think I would need it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast