Wayne's hull was an SK in it's day but is a pretty beefed up hull that has some weight behind it. Mine was to weigh 700 pounds when I ordered it but it didn't turn out that way. When I had the boat at Long Beach for the show and shine and the SS races I had it weighed complete and the total weight was 1890 pounds. It was lighter then most of the SS boats which was pretty interesting to know but the boat has always been stable even when it was raced as a K. Like Art said as long as the boat is sound and not pulling the stringers loose and the kick board is still sound along with the side batton's i'd say your ok. Do you plan on racing or ????????
Right now I just want to get into a solid boat, build the motor over the next year and then learn how to drive it. As far a racing goes, I guess I'd like to keep my options open. I've definately got a competitive spirit and have raced motocross and shifter karts over the years. The k-boat thing is something I've wanted to do since I was a kid but never got to. I just need to find out what its really like...