Never in my life have I seen worse customer service. They will never get a cent of my money again.
My wife and I drove out to Chaparrel Motor Sports tonight to buy our son a CRF70 for his birthday. We had a ball buying $300 worth of boots and apparel and figured we would get the bike on the way out. We figured that the advertised price of the bike was fair and it would only take writing a check and wheeling it out. WRONG!
Price was advertised around $1300. That seemed fair and I figured another $130 for tax and lic. WRONG!
$800 more in b/s fees. Every thing from assembly and prep. WTF. Assembly and prep? One or the other, not both. They also double charged for tax and lic. They wanted $280 for tax and lic. not $ 140
On top of that they wanted 2% if I used my cash back mastercard. Angie says thats B/S what if I pay by check? He replies thats 2% also (check guarantee fee) What if I pay you cash? The asshole says "you want to drive around to save $20.00?" He said that if we didn't use their credit card, they would charge 2% more.
I say "Look dude, I was quoted a price of about $1500 o.t.d. by another shop."
"Maybe You should go there then!"
Guess what A$$ hole not only am I going to go somewhere else I'm returning the $300.00 in crap I just bought.
We go up to the counter and ask for a manager and the girl just rolls her eyes. Now I'm really pissed. Forget it just give me my money back!
Chaparrel If any of you are out there.... EAT MY A$$.
WTF does a salesman care if he can make a quick sale with no hassel? When I was in sales I would take any offer just write it up, get it done, and get back on the floor so I can sell some more. Not the clowns that work there. We had to interrupt two of the 8 that where standing around talking. BTW, isn't it the sales manager's job to tell me what the bottom line is?
Oh well I've vented. Anybody know a good shop that I can buy my kid a CRF70 without using a Honda card?