Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Chaparrel M.S. eat my a$$

KROOZIN
    That sucks to hear your story.Ive been riding for Chapparral for the last 5 years
    Jrocket, are you a sponsored rider? What do you ride?

Phat Matt
    Chaparral is a client of mine and must be doing something right because they sell more bikes than most in the nation. Every year they get an award from one or more dealers stating they are the #1 dealer. Sorry you had a bad experience. I have sent quite a few people down there and they have had no problems. Of course I called ahead first though. If their service is so bad, I guess it pays to advertise, because people keep coming in. Who wants to buy some advertising?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I think it's all about advertising. I have called 3 places and all 3 were at least $400 less than #1 was willing to take. Keep in mind, I was not really haggling over the price, but I was surprised when the add on fees were almost the same price as the bike. I think most people don't care if they are financing it because they are just so damm happy to get their hands on a motorcycle that they will take the credit card that goes along with it. I have plenty of cards (2), I don't need theirs. I'm not going to get another credit card for a lousy $2000.
    It's the people who don't have any cash that shop there, I guess. And that is a large portion of the population. charge it , charge it, charge it.
    It's too bad, because they had a really cute black lace up shirt that I wanted.

dicudmore
    I think it's all about advertising. I have called 3 places and all 3 were at least $400 less than #1 was willing to take. Keep in mind, I was not really haggling over the price, but I was surprised when the add on fees were almost the same price as the bike. I think most people don't care if they are financing it because they are just so damm happy to get their hands on a motorcycle that they will take the credit card that goes along with it. I have plenty of cards (2), I don't need theirs. I'm not going to get another credit card for a lousy $2000.
    It's the people who don't have any cash that shop there, I guess. And that is a large portion of the population. charge it , charge it, charge it.
    Any chance of you going back and getting us a pic of you modeling said shirt for us Angie??

Phat Matt
    Yeah, go get the shirt.

2sand2
    your right Angie, it is amazing how prices change from vendor to vendor. being a buyer I se this day in and day out. like Matt said they are the #1 seller in the US but that doesn't mean they are the cheapest. sounds like the 400 less is the hook up. i would think by now the managment at Chaparall is aware of this flub and its now up to them to deal with it one way or another. hope your kid has a great bday, wouldn't we all have loved that for our bday at that age.. have a great day.

Sportin' Wood
    Any chance of you going back and getting us a pic of you modeling said shirt for us Angie??
    Thats the biggest bitch about it. That shirt was frickin hot. She was buying it just to go out in at that get together thingajig next month.
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I was never trying to be cheap and would not have driven a 100 miles to save a few bucks. I just did not like the idea of the dealer charging $ 800 in extras on a $1300 bike.
    La Honda is the hook up bar none. No hassle no bs bottom dollar price come get it. Fontana was a close second. In the end I walked into Temecula Motor sports on my lunch break today for shits and giggles. I have had bad experience dealing with Temecula merchants in the past but figured oh well.
    I got great service and a fair price quickly. It was not La Honda good but then again it was local. They matched Fontana and gave me an 05 ta boot.
    The sales men then offered me 15% off any thing in the store that I needed.
    he ran me through the bike and helped me load it. Asked if i had any other questions, Shook my hand and was closing the deal on another in the time it took me to tie it down. Now thats a salesmen.
    It took like 20 minutes and I was out of there with every thing I needed.
    There was no bs. Just told me what they could do and did it with a smile. That is all I wanted from CMS. Not attitude from some smart a$$ kid who likely lives at home with his mommy.
    Thanks again for all the help guys..
    Damn I liked that shirt!

dicudmore
    Thats the biggest bitch about it. That shirt was frickin hot. She was buying it just to go out in at that get together thingajig next month.
    I got great service and a fair price quickly.
    It took like 20 minutes and I was out of there with every thing I needed.
    There was no bs. Just told me what they could do and did it with a smile. That is all I wanted from CMS.
    Damn I liked that shirt!
    Glad the bike thing worked out...
    Now about this shirt

wakemaker
    dont waist you time driving all the way to chapperall chances are you local shop can help you better and will defininatly care more about customer service this letter proved it to me. pass it on
    OK in October I received some money for my birthday not a lot but enough to buy a few things. In your catalog #75 dirt 06 on page 75-96 there is an o'neal hydration pack #023-1425-103 listed for $30.99. I bought 2 plus another 5 or 6 items about $200.00 total. my son and his friend were there his friend spent another $60.00.
    when I went to check out the pack was at the warehouse no problem I could go get it I was just glad you had everything and I got out in one trip. the cashier gave me the total and it seamed about $30.00 high so I looked at the prices in the computer and the packs were set a $44.00 ok price changes happen I understand so the cashier explained that there was nothing she could do I understand so a "MANAGER " comes over says "I'm sorry we must have new stock and they cost us more so that's the want it or not". Kind of shocked buy lack of customer care or service and again understanding prices change being in the automotive business myself, I asked for a 10% discount on the packs not on the other $120.00+ worth of parts that any shop in the country would give almost anybody, that would be what $9.00, minimal and I thought fair for find a mistake in the catalog.
    with that the next response "no I can't do that ether do you still want them" instead of me storming out with four letter words I am famous for I just said ok. I guess I'll take them. its 10 to 6 closing time I went over to get a sticker I waited for about 5 minutes @ a LOCKED (wtf) sticker cabinet and gave up on that cause I was told if I wasn't at the warehouse by 6 I was out of luck. great now thing are really starting to eat at me to were I'm getting pissed.
    Ok maybe I'm over reacting, but I purchased a motorcycle from Chaparral last year. I have spent thousands of dollars with Chaparral over the 16 years I have been shopping there because of the great service and prices there but now that you are so big that seams to have all changed I don't see the great deals on last years or out dated gear anymore. All I got was do you "want it or not" . Hopefully I can get over this but if that's the way you do business now I don't see you being around much longer anyway. Between the "hurry and get to the warehouse or they are going to leave". shows me they don't give a shit. and the you have 12 people behind you and want to close who are paying customers so I don't give a shit "do you want them or not".
    Well thank for reading this I have never done a letter this long but I just think that whole thing was wrong
    and if I don't at least here back from you I will have to go to more than one place to get my parts for my 3 bikes I have now and what ever I get in the future. I already ripped off the chaparral stickers from the 110 and put Temecula Motorsports ( that they gladly gave me free yours cost?) on the fender of my yz400f. they a least give me 10% and good service so most time I don't even ask. I don't know what will change my feeling but your reply will weigh greatly on my support and business with Chaparral.
    Thanks again for you time,
    yes i wrote it ya its bad grammer spelling etc . but i was pretty mad I dont normaly write letters to complain . support your local shop who ever you are comfortable with dont drive an hour you wont save anything. Im no pretty well in with 74 motorsports helpful people that accually ride.

Infomaniac
    Buy one online and have it shipped in..Or buy the 06 TTR - 125 LE we have here.
    Never in my life have I seen worse customer service. They will never get a cent of my money again.
    My wife and I drove out to Chaparrel Motor Sports tonight to buy our son a CRF70 for his birthday. We had a ball buying $300 worth of boots and apparel and figured we would get the bike on the way out. We figured that the advertised price of the bike was fair and it would only take writing a check and wheeling it out. WRONG!
    Price was advertised around $1300. That seemed fair and I figured another $130 for tax and lic. WRONG!
    $800 more in b/s fees. Every thing from assembly and prep. WTF. Assembly and prep? One or the other, not both. They also double charged for tax and lic. They wanted $280 for tax and lic. not $ 140
    On top of that they wanted 2% if I used my cash back mastercard. Angie says thats B/S what if I pay by check? He replies thats 2% also (check guarantee fee) What if I pay you cash? The asshole says "you want to drive around to save $20.00?" He said that if we didn't use their credit card, they would charge 2% more.
    I say "Look dude, I was quoted a price of about $1500 o.t.d. by another shop."
    "Maybe You should go there then!"
    Guess what A$$ hole not only am I going to go somewhere else I'm returning the $300.00 in crap I just bought.
    We go up to the counter and ask for a manager and the girl just rolls her eyes. Now I'm really pissed. Forget it just give me my money back!
    Chaparrel If any of you are out there.... EAT MY A$$.
    WTF does a salesman care if he can make a quick sale with no hassel? When I was in sales I would take any offer just write it up, get it done, and get back on the floor so I can sell some more. Not the clowns that work there. We had to interrupt two of the 8 that where standing around talking. BTW, isn't it the sales manager's job to tell me what the bottom line is?
    Oh well I've vented. Anybody know a good shop that I can buy my kid a CRF70 without using a Honda card?