Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trying To Be A Stand Up Guy

cole13
    catered life, I re-read the post just to make sure that I was reading right. First let me say that color has nothing to do with it. None of us were there so it is hard to say what we would have done. But think of it from thier standpoint. Stranded in the middle of the desert, basically helpless. (Knowing you hear bad stories of some stranger coming up to asking to help then cuts you up and throws you in the desert, I know a little irrationale but it does happen)
    The guy is afraid to admit that he is scared, knowing that he can not get him and his wife out of this situation, so a common reaction to this is to be defensive. I am a big guy and I would be intimidated in a situation like this. Being stranded and helpless is a scary situation.
    I know that you were trying to help and that is a really cool thing, really cool. But you have to look at from both sides to really understand the situation.
    Please if you ever see me on the side of the road, announce that you are from Hot Boat and would like to help. This would put me at ease. JMHO!

Freak
    two hours later i see these two still sitting on the side of the raod waiting so i think what a butthole she was
    You shoulda honked like crazy when you drove past the second time. Mabey the old guy woulda said something to the old bag. Dont take it personal. I have found older people sometimes get in a "protection mode" cause they feel vulnerable.

Tom Brown
    does it matter what color you assistance is if their there to help you?
    If that was the problem, the joke is on them.
    i ask this question because the attitude the wife had with me and her body motions were very nastyand i hate to think my color was the problem?
    Maybe she thought your ball was going to be too big and stretch out her coupler?

boater72
    Exactly.
    Idiot people come in all races...
    Sad but well said!

ITS ALL GOOD
    Don't let them get to you , some people were just born assholes, one of the great things about being part of the boating family is that we know we can count on each other when we are time of need. You did your part if she wasn't willing to accept then screw her.

Biglue
    Don't worry about that crap. There is a very "outdated" group of people in that area off of Pearlblossom Hwy. I experienced something similar several years ago at a diner in the area. Your intentions were good, with their actions all it did is prolong their situation. Not everyone will be receptive to the rest of the world these days. It's a shame.

Tom Brown
    If you take a step back... while A Catered Life may have received some needless disrespect, at the end of the day, he was the cool guy and these other two people were stuck in the desert. The people stuck in the desert are the losers in this story, not ACL... his part in this was first class.
    If I were stuck in the middle of the desert, I'd gladly accept help from anyone... even HH, if there were no alternatives.

LHC30Victory
    ACL - You and you wife did the right and honorable thing. Boating Karma extends to off the water as well so keep it up.
    Sorry you seemed to have found the attitude dinosaurs :idea:

Rev. Williams
    You know it wasn't the color Willie.......
    I bet the old man was just scurd you'd eat him !!!
    Keep on Paying it Forward !

Mike.A
    Class Act.
    I wish you were arround 2 years ago when I lost my driver side wheel with the camper on. Sat for 6 hours waiting for a freind to find lugs in town. I sat on the side of the freeway and watched other campers & boaters just fly by.
    I made a comment on a camping forum about it and got flamed because nobody trust anybody anymore. Keep up the good, we need more people like you and your misses.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast