Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trying To Be A Stand Up Guy

redi4fun
    Was your zipper down? You might have scared them! :2purples:
    Phebus,
    You f*cken kill me sometimes with your wit. I look forward to placing a face with the name someday.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    That is really sad.
    I'd lay $$ down it was due to your skin color. I feel that most prejudiced reactions in cases like this are due to fear out of lack of exposure to other races and cultures. Those idiots would rather sit in the desert heat for hours than take the aid of someone that looks different than they do. That is not only stupid, but sad. :hammerhea I feel bad for their ignorance.
    I hope you do not let that dissuade you from helping others in the future. I have a feeling it won't.

NashvilleBound
    lets just say well tanned all over
    LOL...Sorry to hear of your bad encounter....dont let it stop you from helping anyone. I stop for everyone...race is not a factor...helping your fellow boater is.... (man I'm getting sentimental in my old age :notam: :notam: :notam: )

No Regrets
    lets just say well tanned all over
    Lucky! It takes me all summer to get my white ass a nice shade of red.
    You did the right thing, We travel that road all the time and some of those desert dwellers have been cookin too much meth.

WaTchTheGelCoat
    Keep on Paying it Forward !
    Good way to live life!

Tom Brown
    I feel that most prejudiced reactions in cases like this are due to fear out of lack of exposure to other races and cultures.
    Well said, MMSW. ACL has planted a very positive seed here. These people had plenty of time to think about the cost and realities of their closed minds. It would be interesting to know if they were able to maintain their bigotry in the face of this level of class. Of course, it might not have been a racial issue. Maybe these people were just complete morons.

UltraStealth
    I had a similar situation happen to us on Pearblossom as well. The tongue on the trailer had snapped and was hanging by a thin piece of metal, and it locked up the brakes. We were bitter because we thought the trip was over. Luckily someone that lived in the neighborhood had stopped and the guy was a welder. He needed help with loading the welding machine on the truck. So my dad and I went back helped him load it, came back to the boat and he welded the trailer tongue back together for us. He was going to do all this for free. I ended up giving him $300 for fixing it.

Sherpa
    you were a stand-up guy for stopping and offering to help..... kudo's to you.
    she must have just been in a bitchy mood... or, she was the one who picked
    out which trailer ball they used.! and didn't want to loose face over that to
    a stranger........
    --I've stopped for older folks when they've broke down too. some like the
    help, some seem almost annoyed to tried to talk to them................
    --Sherpa

dirty old man
    I'm the old guy who stops to help you young people when you get yourselves in trouble, but I don't care if you are green or purple. Used to run the Pearblossom highway (Death Row) for years, glad thats behind me, its a terrible place to break down. It was one of the featured, dangerous highways on last Sundays NBC documentary

CrazyHippy
    If it was me stuck on the side of the road, w/ something I was capable of fixing solo, or had help on the way, i probably would have turned the help down too. Would have thanked you for stopping but fixed my f-up on my own.
    My reasoning is that I should not be troubling someone else (ruining your evening, clothes, whatever) over my mistake.
    I'm a bit thickheaded, but i'd ratehr work twice as hard and do it myself than have someone else help.
    BJH

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast