Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trying To Be A Stand Up Guy

Scream
    ACL, you did what most of us would do and it was the right thing, you can be sure. It is odd how people judge others because of thier apprearance, thier tatts, skin color, teeth (or lack thereof), hair, dress, speach...The most important part of people cannot be injected with botox or accentuated with silicone, it's the soul that really counts. That woman was just unable to see it, and that's her loss.
    On the way back from Havi this weekend, we got a blow out on the boat trailer. Right Rear tire made a big mess. I had a spare but no tools...(until next weekend that is) so I pulled off the fwy and parked on the shoulder of the offramp. I called the Auto club since were covered and that was no prob, but of all the people to drive by the only ones that offered any assistance were fellow boaters. About 25 cars and trucks went by but only one boater, and they stopped to see if we needed anything, help, tools, water, anything.
    Boaters are pretty cool people I must say. Like was said before, Pay it forward. You're carma will come back to ya.
    Scream

Devilman
    Maybe I suffer from "smalltown syndrome" or something.... I've offered help to people before & most of the time I get a "No thanks! We've got it covered, thank you anyway" type of deal. That's cool with me. Every now & then it's the other kind of deal. I don't let it bother me, just sad to see so many people with such crappy attitudes too wrapped up in their own shit to give a damn. Whatever, what goes around comes around, if you will... Just sux that kind of crap goes on still.....

Throttle
    you did the right thing, I would be STOKED to see ya if I was sittin there busted down or something.

reading this thread I can't help but think about "Airplane" when the old lady comes up to the Flight attendant and says, "Excuse me, but I speak jive"

Catered life,
    it takes a lot just to stop and turn around to go back to help someone. Way cool of you. Sorry that the freaking Hillbillys acted the way they did.

MudPumper
    Maybe she thought your ball was going to be too big and stretch out her coupler?
    I can't believe you guys were going to let this one slide by. Hilarious I tell ya. Good for you being the better person ACL. Sounds to me like this guy should have left his **** of a wife on the side of the road.

MudPumper
    reading this thread I can't help but think about "Airplane" when the old lady comes up to the Flight attendant and says, "Excuse me, but I speak jive"

Or in Blazing Saddles when the old lady brings the pie to the Sheriffs station and says, "Sorry about the Up Yours Nigger." And then comes back and says,"I hope you'll have the decency to not tell anyone we had this conversation."

WYRD
    lets just say well tanned all over
    From the looks of your avatar you look white with red stripes Don't sweat it some people are just Arrogant Azzholes, but most are not. you did all you could and they did not want to accept the help.

Captain Dan
    you did the right thing, I would be STOKED to see ya if I was sittin there busted down or something.
    I second that - it's easy to become disillusioned with the few people that don't appreciate your kindness, but don't stop doing what you think is best. That would put you closer to being one of them, which you obviously are not.
    Keep doing the right thing, no matter what.

Troubles No More
    A Catered Life
    You are aware that there are people in the world that need help and you want to help them but all you can do is to offer to lend a hand and it’s up to them to grab hold.
    It’s obvious that they or she saw something with her eyes different then someone try to help. You did the right thing and I would hope that you do not stop doing the right thing because good deeds are important to us all.
    I believe in guardian angels, I believe when you are at the end of your rope, stop & hang on, look around and you will find an angle there to help you. You just need to look past the person appearance, size or shape....My .02

AirtimeLavey
    Yeah, what he said....joke's on the fool that was still out there 2 hours later!!! :hammerhea
    It's all about your own integrity...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast