Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Trying To Be A Stand Up Guy

a catered life
    dam if i ever wondered how cool fellow boaters are you all have answered my questions. thanks for the kind comments and i agree with all of you. life is full of different people (assholes) but i dont have to change what i am because one rubbed me the wrong way.
    i will continue to stop and help my fellow boaters cause i know i would want some one to help me if and when i need it :rollside:

Mrs.Racer277
    Hey sweetie. Don't let one biatch get ya down. Way to go on going out of your way to help. You guys are the greatest.

locogringo
    i have to admit it since i have been a board member my eyes are open more to fellow boaters on the road i find myself stopping to help people in need more often than before but this past friday really may change my mind..............me and the lady are going home friday and we are on pearblossom(for those who dont know its a really fast moving road in palmdale with high traffic and one stop sign) i see this old couple towing a boat broken down on the side of the road. i look at the wifey and she says "go ahead and turn around i know you want to" so i bus a u-turn in high traffic to check on these two...as i drove past them to make a second u-turn and pull behind them i notice that their trailer is compeltely on the ground :frown:.........i pull behind their boat and see the woman of the two and begin to get our of the van and she begins to give me some real nasty looks.....i look back at my girl and she says to me "she's not going to be friendly" i say back to her "its cool i just want to make sure they got help and if not i will see what i can do to help". as i walk up to the trailer i announce my self a ad ask if they needed some help.........a older gentleman comes from behind the truck and before he can get one word out his mouth his wife says "we dont need any assistance"..wtf :yuk: i look back at the guy and hes looking at me almost ready to crap in his pants and i say to him are you sure and he says "the trailer just jumped off, we had the wrong ball on we need a 2" ball" i say to him that "this is a pretty sucky area to be broken down in but you are welcome to use my ball and move to a more secure area off this busy street" he says "we cant get the trailer up without a floor jack" and i reply "i only live 10 minute away and i got one if you want it" the wife jumps in again and says "we called our daughter and she will come" then the father says "but she coming from the other side of canyon country" and the wife cuts him off and says "we will be ok" so i say "ok' and leave
    two hours later i see these two still sitting on the side of the raod waiting so i think what a butthole she was
    the question to my story is i hate to play the race card but i must ask this
    does it matter what color you assistance is if their there to help you?
    i ask this question because the attitude the wife had with me and her body motions were very nastyand i hate to think my color was the problem?
    you are the type of person that makes civility and laws of decency what they should be for everyone. Don't give that up for just one pie-hole biatch! Tell her next time to respect authority and if she can't you'll stick it in her! All kidding aside, you are a stand up person for doing that and I applaud you for it. If it were me, I'd offer to paint myself any color you thought appropriate if you thought I was being racist at all! LOL
    Keep your ways the way they are!

a catered life
    thanks babe....... :wink:to be cool you have to know cool couples like you two

coolchange
    Pearblossom highway with a 2" boat on a 1 7/8 ball? Should have burned that focker right there! That stretch isnt bad enough with out them duimb asses?
    Now I gotta worry about head ons with loose boats? Trust me, you weren't dealing with the real boating public. ( I HOPE)

a catered life
    Pearblossom highway with a 2" boat on a 1 7/8 ball? Should have burned that focker right there! That stretch isnt bad enough with out them duimb asses?
    Now I gotta worry about head ons with loose boats? Trust me, you weren't dealing with the real boating public. ( I HOPE)
    didn't think about it that way but you 100% right thank god he had the chains on good and tight that would have been a nasty accident :frown:

Racer277
    funny we were listening to tom.......
    Willie, that sucks, but if you were listening to Tom Lykus, Dia would act exactly the same way!
    FWIW, I've pulled up to people to help (when I had my streetbike), and had people act very similiar. Whatever, their loss!
    I too think you should have honked when you went past!
    Funny story:
    One of my co-workers was in Oakland and asked a couple guys at a gas station for directions.
    They asked if that was his truck, he said yeah.
    They said "Go F Yourself!"
    He scratched his head and walked back to his truck. He said later he realized he had his "#1 Redskins Fan" license plate on the truck. :hammerhea

SoCal_fun
    Willie,
    You've gotten lots of great responses and I'll just add that you def. did the right thing!! I hope someone with your class see's me out there if I'm broken down on the side of the road with my family.
    It'll come back to you (Karma), I believe that.

moneypit
    Karma...

bigkatboat
    Willie, I am very thankfull that you and your wife didn't pull up on some "maniacs" that would do YOU HARM! Often we drive the open roads with only 'good thoughts' for those around us on the road, because we know how awfull a problem can be. Those who choose, which people that can and cannot help, will NEVER BE HELPED! Those people have never understood that safety/ life, is a HUMAN THING, not a selfish thing, not a money thing. You went to help PEOPLE IN NEED, and they/she refused your act of kindness. I guess that I am simple minded, but I don't understand how anyone can "deal with" rather than "interact with" other people. The 'incident' that you have endured shows us that those people have a very low value on safety and human life. They (both) agreed to use a 1 7/8" ball on a 2" hitch, and the husband did not disagree with his wife durring your interaction at the accident site. You sir (and your wife) are a ray of sunlight on the "less than safe" lives of the people you tried to help. On the water, on the roads, at work: We all breath the air, We all bleed when cut, We all seek enlightenment, We all seek life. Why must some of us close our eyes to the those facts?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast