Thread: Any Tunnel or modified-V jetboats?

Scarab Jet
    Does anybody know if any boat manufacturer makes an open bow tunnel or modified-v with a jet anymore?
    Thanx in advance...
    Mike...

kojac
    I don't know if they still make them but I had a marlin open bow 19ft daycruiser jet.
    kojac

flat broke
    Does anybody know if any boat manufacturer makes an open bow tunnel or modified-v with a jet anymore?
    Thanx in advance...
    Mike...
    Open bow? How bout deck boat? Ultra 21 deck is a good tunnel jet boat. Placecraft makes a 22' tunnel deck boat. Ultra has a 23' tunnel deck boat, but I've only heard of one being set up with a jet. If you could buy a blank hull from Al Stoker, you might be able to squeeze an intake into the center pod on his 22, then cut the deck for an open bow? Eagle aluminum boats are made in the step-tech hull with an open bow, but you might be able to get them to do a 21 tunnel with an open bow.
    Out of the above choices, the cheapest route would be to find a used eagle 21 tunnel, bust out the sawzall, then weld in supports for the deck and dash. It'd be a DIY tunnel open bow, and when you can find some of the older ones, the used Eagle tunnels are pretty reasonably priced.
    Chris

MikeF
    I like Chris' idea!

GATORJET
    try gator jet boats here in missouri, they build an awsome open bow steptech boat. they will set one up any way you want and custom paint is on all of them.... the website is www.gatorjetboats.com

disco_charger
    Doesn't Sleek make a mod V 21 jet? I've seen some, just don't know if they have the mold anymore.

kachina_labala
    i think kachina will still build a jet
    Kachina (http://kachinaboats.com/)

canuck1
    try gator jet boats here in missouri, they build an awsome open bow steptech boat. they will set one up any way you want and custom paint is on all of them.... the website is www.gatorjetboats.com
    I'm with Gator...alum all the way. Some good vidio on that site as well for all the Eagle/Gator fans

flat broke
    So maybe someone could answer the age old question then... How much for a bare hull step-tech open bow (standard paint job) with nothing more than the tanks and intake installed?
    While we're at it, how bout pricing on a bare 21 tunnel hull in the same configuration? I'm out of the market now as I'm going glass again, but I know there are others who are interested.
    If this is Randy at Gator, I never did receive an answer to my last response to you back in late December. I thought my itemization of what I was looking for in a basically bare tunnel hull was pretty succint, but I'll shoot it to you again..."So an all white 21' hull without the swim steps, with the side tanks, a bow eye, and an intake sitting on a tandem trailer with brakes. Thats all I'm looking for."
    Trust me when I say that Gator and Eagle are missing the boat by not actively participating in discussions about these boats on message boards like this which fall outside the normal audience for the aluminum stuff. There are a handfull of guys that have just recently or are about to lay money down on new fiberglass 20-21' hulls so that they can put 700+HP in them and see better speeds than what they were seeing with their previous hulls. There's no reason some of those purchases couldn't have been Eagle/Outlaw/Gator hulls.
    Chris