Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pine Flats MEMORIAL DAY

wedge44
    Haven't been there in 20 years, Anyone have the Lo-Lo?

230EAGLE
    Haven't Been There Yet This Year But I Heard The Water Will Be Way Up. Call To See If You Can Get Resv. Or Get There Real Early.

69 Elim
    I'll be at Millerton - but the water at Pine Flat is way up.

wedge44
    Here's the deal.... I basically grew up at bass, still have family in Oakhurst and surrounding hills and valley's, My neighbor bought houseboat (NEW) in Stockton and it's being delivered this friday, at Pine Flats, so thats where we are going for Memorial Day. How is launch ramp , Sheriff patrol ETC...are they planning on checking for sound levels etc...any more info woulb help, he kepts telling don't worry about, it's under control etc....

Mrs.Racer277
    Haven't been there in 20 years, Anyone have the Lo-Lo?
    I have not been there in 2 years but they used to have a web site I think.

Just Tool'n
    I went by riverland today. The river is full-up, last several years it has been mid-june before the river had water in it.

69 Elim
    Ok, Pine Flat - I usually go there a few times a year.
    it can get windy there - the lake is a canyon - no beach at all. the wind can wip through there really fast. mostly family people go - usually not that crowded at all. the entire lake has a 50mph speed limit - and they do enforce it. I don't think they enforce the noise limits - hardly anyone lives near by. there are 3 launch ramps, but they are all 2 lane ramps. I've only had to wait a couple minutes - cause not too many people go there - mostly fishermen and a few familys skiing. pretty much NO party scene - for the above reasons. let me know if you have any more questions.
    I always go to Millerton

paradigm shift
    Ok, Pine Flat - I usually go there a few times a year.
    it can get windy there - the lake is a canyon - no beach at all. the wind can wip through there really fast. mostly family people go - usually not that crowded at all. the entire lake has a 50mph speed limit - and they do enforce it. I don't think they enforce the noise limits - hardly anyone lives near by. there are 3 launch ramps, but they are all 2 lane ramps. I've only had to wait a couple minutes - cause not too many people go there - mostly fishermen and a few familys skiing. pretty much NO party scene - for the above reasons. let me know if you have any more questions.
    I always go to Millerton
    Pretty much sums it up. If the lake is full parking can suck in my opinion. It is even worse now that I have a 29' boat. The lake is nice other than parking and no beach. Oh and the ramps are steep like most flood control lakes are around the valley.

wedge44
    thanks for info ...its a family trip with wifeeee and kids...should be good times and relaxing under the stars at night....wedge

tahitijet
    I took the boat there about a month ago to test the noise enforcment.. as usuall no patrol around anywhere.. I live 5 minutes from millerton and make the 45 minute drive to pine flat instead.. the water is much calmer.. hardly ever crowded and we don't get hassled out there.. They just built a large extension this winter on the first (marina) ramp so there is finally parking up there and a decent launch.
    LIke 69 Elim said there is no beach but the lake is pretty nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast