Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drags @ Camp Far West

DrAg_2_WiN
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sup! New to this Forum I am Thanx. Yea I need some info about the Drags @ Camp Far West that are on Fathers Day Weekend like:
    Time gates open or racing starts.
    Price to get in to watch.
    Where are good spots to watch from.
    How many boats usually show up to this event.
    And anything else u can provide.
    Thanx
    DRag 2 WiN

Itsahobby
    CFW on fathers day is a informal, run what ya brung, deal.
    If your going to camp, I suggest making reservations.
    I am not the authority on this, so you might want to post over on the v-drive forum.
    Hobby

single barrel
    Sup! New to this Forum I am Thanx. Yea I need some info about the Drags @ Camp Far West that are on Fathers Day Weekend like:
    Time gates open or racing starts.
    Price to get in to watch.
    Where are good spots to watch from.
    How many boats usually show up to this event.
    And anything else u can provide.
    Great questions you have. There are approx 300 boats registered. The best spot to watch is from the starting line, as any normal race. Racing starts at 5:30am prompt. You are not allowed to fire your motor before 6 though. Are you going to race as well?

CandyA$$
    Where is this? Sounds like fun

MOBrien
    Camp Far West
    ...North of Sacramento just outside of a town called Wheatland.

MOBrien
    There are approx 300 boats registered. The best spot to watch is from the starting line, as any normal race. Racing starts at 5:30am prompt. You are not allowed to fire your motor before 6 though. Are you going to race as well?
    300 boats??? Is that possible? Also, is the lake open to boating that weekend since this is a non-sanctioned gathering? We were out there on New Year's Day, froze our butts off but had a great time on the water watching everyone run 'em up.
    -MOB

Her454
    300 boats??? Is that possible? Also, is the lake open to boating that weekend since this is a non-sanctioned gathering? We were out there on New Year's Day, froze our butts off but had a great time on the water watching everyone run 'em up.
    -MOB
    Even at its biggest it wasn't 300 boats to my knowledge. And there is no sanctioned racing, no gates. There was talk of it last year but nothing came of it. No start lines, no seating, just camping and the cost related to that and boating. The k guys came down last year and put on quite a show for us, they're always great to watch - and then theres the normal saturday stuff with people making passes in 1/4 mile cove. People come in all week and it gets busy on Saturday, and then the band on Saturday night and then sunday afternoon people start heading home.

Robbie Racer
    Isn't the IHBA race at Chowchilla this same weekend? If so, I would think most of the regular racers will be there that weekend.

Great questions you have. There are approx 300 boats registered. The best spot to watch is from the starting line, as any normal race. Racing starts at 5:30am prompt. You are not allowed to fire your motor before 6 though. Are you going to race as well?
    If you took this response seriously, you need to RE-READ it! :hammerhea
    Good one, Single Barrel.

single barrel
    I Counted 307 To Be Exact!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast