Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Words of Wisdom..Show up to court when told!!!

NOTALENT
    I had gotten an extension after the 1st month..and when it came down to the day...I had something come up and wasnt able to attend..turns out they issued me a warrant! I went in today and found that out...Now I have to go to court!!! Damn it! So much trouble for something that could have been avoided!!! :burningm:

TheLurker
    Chalk that up to the school of hard knocks.
    My advice never mess with the courts or the IRS.

Scream
    When I was younger and stupid(er) I let a simple fixit ticket go to warrant. Just thought it would go away...OOOPS!
    This was back in the '80s and then a FTA was $450.00. :sqeyes:
    Better to take care of it ASAP then to let it get out of hand.
    Scream

my21advantage
    I had gotten an extension after the 1st month..and when it came down to the day...I had something come up and wasnt able to attend..turns out they issued me a warrant! I went in today and found that out...Now I have to go to court!!! Damn it! So much trouble for something that could have been avoided!!! :burningm:
    What was the warrant for? I hope just a traffic ticket...

superdave013
    until you die the closest thing to god is standing in front of a Judge. Do not piss that guy off.
    "I had something come up and wasnt able to attend"
    Give me a break bro. Nothing can come up on court day. :hammer2:

Boozer
    All I can say is be thankful that you weren't informed of your warrant by a pissed off cop putting hand cuffs on you. Whether you go to jail for a petty traffic violation or murder you're treated the same way in jail and get to sit right next to guys who are in there for murder, assault, etc..

NOTALENT
    What was the warrant for? I hope just a traffic ticket...
    2 stupid tickets...wrong place at the wrong time..thing...The one night im not drinking im carrying a open bottle of jeger for some girls through a parking lot to a friends car before a club..and I had to take a leak so I went behind a grocery store in a closed off Dumpster area because the line to the club was too long and they wouldnt let me in....I guess theres alot of trouble at the club so undercover narks patrol..so im in the area taking a leak and a chick cop comes up shines the light and says "can I have a word with u when ur done"...and they got me for both things..

NOTALENT
    until you die the closest thing to god is standing in front of a Judge. Do not piss that guy off.
    "I had something come up and wasnt able to attend"
    Give me a break bro. Nothing can come up on court day. :hammer2:
    yes it can. my job is more important than a court date. no job no money..then where would I be??? smart ass..

Her454
    True, so true. I got a fix it ticket for no front plate, THE LIGHT OUT ON THE REAR PLATE and I didnt have my drivers license with me. I sold that car 2 weeks later and also moved within a month. I never received the ticket in the mail, and forgot about it. This was in 02'.
    I got another ticket a few months ago, for speed but in the same f**&ing county and went to court on it last month. The judge reduced it for me and when I went to pay it they asked me which ticket I was paying, the 2100.00 one or the 240.00 ?? I almost had a freaking heart attack. I JUST now made my court appt for next monday to clear up the forgotten fix it f' up. What do I do, just tell them I forgot and I cant clear it up now and hope he reduces it? I HATE GOING TO COURT, IT MAKES me sick to my stomach. Especially when I know I screwed up and let something slip.

LHC30Victory
    Do you know the difference between a Federal Judge and God?
    God doesn't think he is a Federal Judge

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast