Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJBA may drags @ ming

Just had not heard much from ya Nelson. Ya I was talkin about you.
    Hey, my advice is get there on Friday by 2 or 3, the earlier the better. We can get your pit set up, get the boat through tech, if you have any problems with tech, you can still make it into town and get parts,etc. Then you can go pay your entry fees,etc., have dinner at the Rio Bravo and you will be all dialed for Sat. morning. You could still show up sat. morning if your in a bind, and you will probably make first round since your running RR, they dont call RR till like 10 or 11 usually. Thats what sucks about RR, the air has gone to shit,etc.
    Ive got an extra 5 lb. fire bottle if you need it.
    Hopefully Cyclone is making progress with the pop-off.
    CS

screamdreambrad
    Hey Brad,
    How that new UBFJ?
    Willis goin to drive another boat. bgj. mine is resting comfortably! :sleeping:

Mrs.Racer277
    whos going to the NJBA drags this weekend? I'm gonna be there with boat #460, jim brock's yellow CP tunnel
    kinda curious to see how many jet boats and newcomers are gonna be there, hopefully mike is still planning on making it, i cant wait to see him make a full throttle pass in the new piece
    We won't make it this weekend. Going to the NHRA Drags. Be sure to have a Margi for me. Hope to make it next month.

NELSON#109
    Busby, Thanx For The Info... Cs, You Said Exactly What Im Plannin.... Too The "t".... I Think I Got Every Ting I Need, I Might Be A Little Low On C02, But I Think Ill Make It. I Have A 5lb Fire Bottle. My Warm-up Bottle Is Actin Up, So That Jus Add's To The List.. But Im Still Making Good Progress. Got The Engine Togather Tonight, Jus Gotta Run It, Pull The Rockers Off, And Re Tourq The Heads... Usein The New Flat Out Copper Head Gaskets N Theyre A Bitch. Gonna Be A Late One Tonight N Tomarrow Night. Hopefully Ill Have Time To Cut On The Loader / Blocker. If All Goes Well Tomarrow, Ill Be Leavin Here Before Noon On Friday. Should Put Me Up There Before 3pm. My Only Worry About Tech Right Now, Is A Fuel Shut Off, Since I Have A Mechanical Pump. We've Always Had To Have One For The Taf Boat. My Roady Is Still Unsure If He's Gonna Bring That Boat Or Not... He Paid His Fee's, But He's Thinkin About Waitin For Redbluff. Hope I Get Her Done... Wish Me Luck!!!!! Nelson #109..

well good luck Nelson. We run the flat out gaskets also, took 3 or 4 re-torques to get the things to seal properly, but when they did they were the sh*t.
    I will have Joe Shelfo come see you when you get there (he's one of the Tech's there) to assist with anything you might need. He's a boat builder, and usually carries everything to assist passing tech. I know he's racing this weekend, but is teching on Friday.
    I spoke to Mike (cyclone) earlier, he's not going to make it ... has too many issues with the boat (rope deflector, fuel pump prob., pop off, etc.) we are going to address his pop off issue next week and he is going to dial everything else in before the June race. Bummer, I was hoping to see him run, but it's such a nice piece ... I understand why he would rather wait and do it right rather than rush it.
    Anyways, I am leaving in the morning for the lake ... so I will be off of the boards after 11am, hope to see you all out there!
    Brian

NELSON#109
    Thanks Again Busby, I Appreciate Everything You Can Do To Help Me. Joe Shelfo... That Name Sounds Familliar, Isnt He A Ford Guy?... I Get To Go Through The Tourqe, Re-tourqe, Back Off N Bla Bla Bla Tomarrow. Glad To Hear Your Happy W/ The Gaskets. See Ya This Weekend.

Nelson, if there is anything I can do to help, call me.
    949-294-1394
    Chris.

Hey everyone ... I'm off, so I'm off of the boards as of now, leaving for the lake.
    Nelson, Shelfo ... yes a Ford guy ... but I don't hold that against him ( lol ), but an excellent boat builder and tuner. He's a great guy to offer assistance, he and his father have been drag boat racing jets and hydros for a long time.
    Everyone be safe for those of you who are going, if you need to look me up while you are there, I am boat 061, huge white toy box near the tower/white Frod F350 crew cab dually, Alcohol Hydro. Stop by and say hi!
    Brian

ANY&ALL
    Hey Everybody If You Guys Get A Min Look For My Cousin Jeff Gregory Will Will Be Running A Blown Alky Fuely Color White He's Just Down There To Get His Top Fuel Lic. Try And Make Him Feel Welcome To The Sport First Time In The Boat Don't Know The # There Puttin It On The Boat Tonight He's From Elk Grove He's Famliy So I Don't Give Him Crap About That Funny Spinnin Thing Under His Boat Thanks Chad Barfield

Hey Everybody If You Guys Get A Min Look For My Cousin Jeff Gregory Will Will Be Running A Blown Alky Fuely Color White He's Just Down There To Get His Top Fuel Lic. Try And Make Him Feel Welcome To The Sport First Time In The Boat Don't Know The # There Puttin It On The Boat Tonight He's From Elk Grove He's Famliy So I Don't Give Him Crap About That Funny Spinnin Thing Under His Boat Thanks Chad Barfield
    Chad,
    are you related to Nelson #109??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast