Thread: laveycraft info

jailbird141
    I am looking for input or experiences with either of these boats. The Laveycraft 29' or 2750. I have a 26' NuEra now and am thinking about upgrading. Finding information and test results on the 29 is proving to be difficult. I know the 2750 is pretty popular but I would like to compare the two. I am really leaning towards the new 600sci for power, or maybe more. I want something that will run well into the 80's and maybe even 90's. I have already been to Laveycraft, so I have general information, I just want to hear others experiences. Thanks in advance for anyones help.

pixrthis
    They're both great boats with alot of bottom lift. The 29 seems to get a bit chine walky at higher speeds (90+) which is why they're so efficient up to that point.

Gerard
    Laveycraft has excellent quality and customr service....that's kind of hard to beat

andy01
    I drove a 2750 with a 620 in it, and it was a handful to say the least. Hot Boat dubed the 2750 unsafe at any speed. A good friend of mine owned it, I drove it several times. Lavey told him to run the tabs down. So with the tabs down the boat is running real wet and 70 mph. Any other v you just trim it it flat and let it rip. They tried to make bottom changes to his boat but it was never right. He got rid of it and Lavey put a 496 in it, hopfully nobody ever tries to put a bunch of HP to that boat. Go 29' with twins. I am sure the 27 has changed, but I would ask them about it. I know they will say it is safe, they're the boat builder.
    Andy

Powerboat Jan 2005 29' with a pair of 525's.
    I also have a 26' NuEra and am looking for a new boat. I put big power in my 26' and it handles like crap above 75mph and is slow for the hp. I like the Lavey looks but don't want another ill handling boat, and I want triple digits.

INSman
    If it's triple digits you want with superior handling, a Howard would be a good fit. Talk with GT here on the boards, he has and has also had a few triple digit Howards.

I have a place in Boulder City and boat on Mead most of the time. Thinking about a little bigger boat w/twins. Waiting to see Halletts new 32. Yes I saw Gary’s boat and I saw it run, we both happened to be at Ellsinore with the EFI tuner guy the same day.

hotlavey
    The ***boat test was redone after Lavey talked to them about their driving techniques. The second test was very positive. You have to drive the boat a little differently then most because of the agressive ventilated twin steps. Once you find the correct settings of the tabs and drive, the boat is fantastic. It does love rougher water more then smooth and is a kick to drive in big Mead water. The 2750 was Factory 1 offshore champ the last two years and undefeated all season last year. There will be two 2750's racing soon, one Factory 1 and one Super V lights. It is a great boat, tough and very safe. I am selling mine because I just do not use it enough. Mine has a HP500EFI with a Whipple and runs in the 80's. I love it.