Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: single or twins

Boat211
    One big single with Imcos "gear splitter" . Stability of twins, drives will last longer, and less weight. There is a article about it in the new ***boat. Pretty interesting.

jimslade
    Thanks for all the info. I think Im going with twins. I dont want to be stuck offshore on the big lakes Im running on
    Thanks again

LHC30Victory
    One big single with Imcos "gear splitter" . Stability of twins, drives will last longer, and less weight. There is a article about it in the new ***boat. Pretty interesting.
    That caught my eye at the LA boat show. Would go for it in a second only if ya could reverse one at a time like real twins. Maybe in its next incarnation

97SunsetterLX
    Which motors are you going to use???

ECeptor
    That caught my eye at the LA boat show. Would go for it in a second only if ya could reverse one at a time like real twins. Maybe in its next incarnation
    Why couldn't you have one in fwd and one in rev? Assuming Bravo drives all the shifting is in the drive, right? The drive hook to the splitter box just like they would a flywheel, right?

LHC30Victory
    Why couldn't you have one in fwd and one in rev? Assuming Bravo drives all the shifting is in the drive, right? The drive hook to the splitter box just like they would a flywheel, right?
    Maybe your right, That would make sense.
    Except, that you don't have the luxury of altering each screws speed! that has been important on more than one occassion

ECeptor
    Maybe your right, That would make sense.
    Can you teach my gf how to say that?
    But you would not be able to independantly trottle the two, unlike a twin.

jimslade
    I'm going with 2 efi 300 hp small blocks. I'm still not sure if I'll use alphas or bravos. I'm told that the alphas use less hp and less drag. Thanks for the Input

FASTERDAMITT
    Sounds like a good compromise. Maybe ProChargers for Christmas!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    cant imagine not having twins. No more tows, easy steering, service sucks but oh well!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast